Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

@Pinky02 16212 wrote:

If I remember rightly, the housing development on the old Brymbo steelworks was to include shops, offices, a school and a link road. Have any of those things materialised other than the houses?
    The developers can promise you the world, but whether they actually keep their promise is another matter, and it seems the planning department at Wrexham council can do nothing about it.

And there lies the problem, it always comes back to Wrexham Council, who as always will take the wrong option for Wrexham .. :eek:

Saxon1
    Participant

Lets hope BenjaminM has put a spanner in the works to any potential builders thinking of building these houses. Telling everybody that Llay has never been top of the most sought after locations. Ummm presume he doesn’t live in Llay unless he would be defending his patch. We have lived in Llay for 30 years and we have never had a days or nights problem living here. The people in Llay are salt of the earth people, from the staff who work in Costcutter, the Chemist, the doctors surgery etc We all use these facilities whichever side of Llay you live and are all treated equally.
    No doubt people like you think people living in Llay are somewhat inferior, believe me we are not, and we are certainly not so called Nymbies. We want LLay to stay as it is, as Pinky02 tells it, developers will say one thing and do another and then who cares anyway about Llay !!! if you don’t live there.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Quote. “We want Llay to stay as it is” unquote.

Thanks for that. You have just endorsed my point of view………unequivocally.

zinger
    Participant

What is wrong with not wanting extensive housing estates, prisons, pig farms or otherwise in your back yard? There is a programme on TV about neighbours from hell. I wouldn’t want them either.

Saxon1
    Participant

Hello All followers of this forum

I wonder if the developers and planners have approached Wrexham Maelor Hospital to ask their opinion re the extra 1000 plus people. The Maelor is already severely overstretched. Has anybody been to A & E lately ? Waiting times for appointments for certain departments now have a six month plus wait so all the new developments in the Wrexham area generally will all be adding to the strain.
    The Welsh NHS is already over budget and is cutting services all over to cope with influxes of new arrivals in the Wrexham area, so where do Wrexham Council consider drawing the line.

Pinky02
    Participant

This development contradicts Wrexham Councils planning policies,

Policy EC2 Development on agricultural land of grades 1, 2 or 3a will only be permitted if it does not lead to the irreversible loss of that land.

Policy PS1 New development for housing, employment, and community services will be directed to within defined settlement limits/employment areas. This development is outside the settlement area.

Policy PS2 Development must not materially detrimentally affect countryside, landscape/townscape character, open space, or the quality of the natural environment. This development will affect all of the above.

Saxon1
    Participant

Thanks Pinky02 for the information. All of this information will help us in our fight for Llay.
    We will be putting all of our points forward at the meeting, so the more information we have the better equipped we can be to fight our cause.

We have a right to fight for what we truly feel will be a disaster for the Llay community and so far everybody that we have spoken to feels the same.

Thanks again

Hollywood
    Participant

@BenjaminM 16195 wrote:

Let’s face it, Llay, during my 62 years on this earth has never been top of the most sought after locations for taking up residence in.

How rude

Pinky02
    Participant

Your welcome Saxon1.
    The fight to keep Hayward’s field has led me to lots of information I wouldn’t have known otherwise. Hopefully this will help in our fight to keep Llay as a village and not a mini town! I live in Llay and also feel that this development is far too big for the village to cope with. I will also be attending the meeting and will be voicing my concerns.

zinger
    Participant

It might be a good idea to look at the post about Brymbo Steelworks site to see if there is anything that can be learned from their experiences too. They fought a lengthy battle. It will be a good way back in the forum but you never know.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News