Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Born Acorn
    Participant

You know, if they’d have let that festival happen, maybe the land would have been profitable and wouldn’t need to be sold for development?

Chris
    Participant

The only brightside to this is its going to upset Dave Owen Handyman who lives off Chapel Lane. This man has 6 CCJs against him and owes me personally 2K (outstanding CCJ)

Saxon1
    Participant

Its official. Just had leaflet through our door. Public meeting on 6th november 4.00pm – 7.00pm at llay british legion.

Lets hope there is a good turnout to show our opposition.
    We already have a good following, but the more the better.

Keep an eye on this forum for updates.

BorrasBill
    Participant

@Chris 16111 wrote:

The only brightside to this is its going to upset Dave Owen Handyman who lives off Chapel Lane. This man has 6 CCJs against him and owes me personally 2K (outstanding CCJ)

How can anyone have 6 CCJs, are they not enforceable by law?

Chris
    Participant

Nope just means the ###### git cant get credit.
    Sorry for taking this off topic it more in hope that the dishonest man reads it.

For the record I am totally against this development. As posted by others Llay has not got the infrastructure for a development that large.
    The reality is Wrexham has no longer spare capacity in its resources for these large developments.

Saxon1
    Participant

Chris – no problem
    Just for the record the leaflet that they have posted through the doors of residents living on Gresford Road fail to say how many houses their development is for. So for the record its
    360 houses = approx 1000 people, if you include 2 people on average per house, 2 cars per household potentially = 700 extra cars along the Gresford Road daily.
    So small development it is not.
    And we note they have only leafleted houses along Gresford Road. It will not only be these people who will be affected, when everybody will be fighting for a doctors appointment or a place in the school in Llay.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Hi All??,
    just a couple of points here, since when has Llay been a Town Saxy? and two, If I do buy a house there I hope I dont get the garden with an anthrax pit!!

But of course the major point here is the fact that Zinger can’t attach a smiley face to his message! I’m sure that most of you here will join me in blaming the council for this! I for one will be taking it up my member at the first opportunity!

Ferret
    Participant

I wonder if the original Llay residents (i.e. miners in public housing) objected when all the new houses were built along Gresford Road? Completey changed the village all that development.

Saxon1
    Participant

Ferret
    Just for the record both my grandfathers worked in Llay Main,not in the offices, not white collar workers, down the pit and I have lived in Llay for 30 years.

zinger
    Participant

Miners weren’t the original residents of Llay. It was a hamlet before the model village was built. However the colliery houses were built for a purpose, to give both the miners & management somewhere to live close to their work. They spent their money in Llay & paid money out of their wages for the Miners Welfare. Welfare Institutes in turn were used for educational purposes which allowed miners & their families to better themselves. How many, I wonder, of the new development would do likewise.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News