Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

CVA01
    Participant

Surely it is rather patronising to assume that people from Llay or elsewhere in Wrexham won’t be able to buy a house on the site if the development happens. That suggests everyone in Wrexham is poor and everyone who moves into the area is rich and does so at the expense of local people. Anyway developers arent fussy who they sell to as long they make a sale.

What is wrong with people coming from outside of the borough to live in the area. I know the nationalists hate English people moving into the area (ill admit I am one of those horrible English people who bought a house that a nice Welsh family could have lived in).

I understand the concerns about schools and GPs but if permission for 300+ homes is granted, it isnt as if the houses and extra people turn up over night. A develppment of that size can take 5-10 years to complete. Just look at the Redrow etc development on Ruthin Road.

Perhaps new houses will provide an opportunity for local people to return to the area who work elsewhere but currently also live out of the area. Or perhaps people who live elsewhere in North Wales and work in Chester or Manchester or Liverpool but are sick of the commute choose to live closer. For the nationalistsc- this could mean Welsh speakers moving into the area. It also is an opportunity for people living in houses in the area that are no longer suitable for them (perhaps too small) to move into a new larger house and free up smaller houses for families that need them.

Developments do bring benefits. Its possible that on the back of a large development going ahead someone will want to invest in opening more shops. Or the extra spending power in the area could support existing shops and businesses and perhaps provide incentives for bus companies to offer better or new services. There will be construction jobs for years.

And just returning to whether houses are needed. The 5 year land supply is calculated by looking at the average number of houses built in Wrexham over the past 5 years. Say 300 per year then over the next 5 years there has to be land available for 1500 new houses to be built. If there is only land for 900 then Wrexham only has a 3 year land supply. So the number of new houses currently for sale in the area is irrelevant.

The fact some houses on the market arent selling doesnt mean there isnt a need for extra houses. Other factors could be at play. Such as the seller asking too much for the house or legal complications etc etc.

Saxon1
    Participant

Well BenjaminM thank you for a nice comment, I’m sure it will be the last !

Did you attend the meeting on Thursday out of curiosity ! Just wondering as you would have been shocked at the amount of people there. The developers were overwhelmed and couldn’t wait to get out of there.
    Soooooo maybe Nymbies in Llay, what will we do with them all. Lock us all up and throw away the key.

Llayfaithfull – still waiting for you to enlighten us all with the benefits we are going to have with the fabulous development. New School, New Doctors Surgery, New road network, new shops, or gosh the list is endless. We are holding our breath in anticipation.

wrexview
    Participant

BBC News – Bill takes 'too much power' from communities, warn council leaders

An interesting article on the BBC News website. Looks like more influence by Welsh Assembly over Planning.

Rob
    Participant

@wrexview 16413 wrote:

BBC News – Bill takes ‘too much power’ from communities, warn council leaders

An interesting article on the BBC News website. Looks like more influence by Welsh Assembly over Planning.

Someone should have a word with Bill and tell him to give it back :D

zinger
    Participant

The agent of anthrax is a bacterium called Bacillus anthracis. While other investigators discovered the anthrax bacillus, it was a German physician and scientist, Dr. Robert Koch, who proved that the anthrax bacterium was the cause of a disease that affected farm animals in his community. Under the microscope, the bacteria look like large rods. However, in the soil, where they live, anthrax organisms exist in a dormant form called spores. These spores are very hardy and difficult to destroy. The spores have been known to survive in the soil for as long as 48 years.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Hi, Saxon apologies for your anticipation I was busy working of which is out of the Llay area just to back up my point that people do now commute to work and I thought driving whilst accessing the internet was as daft as some of the excuses made for this development. I’m off down to support my local pub for a pint now that is one of the many beneficiaries of the new development as the local shops, window cleaner, cleaners, gardeners, car garages, dry cleaners, garden centres, chippy… And many more. I’m sure there are also lots of local contractors who would appreciate the work not only on the construction but the on going maintenace. Did anyone find the proof of the land sinking or anthrax. Anyways I’m off to have a pint….. Cheers

zinger
    Participant

zinger
    Participant

Captain C
    Participant

Hi, Llayfaithfull,

We have photos of the fields along Gresford Road going back to the 70s and it was very flat. In the last 10 years it has sunk so much and flooding on it is now much more common. We can produce these photos along with ones that other residents have taken for any planning committee that requires proof. I am also appealing for photos of the Straight Mile over the years as I and lots of other residents remember it being flat. In fact in the last eight years the council thought fit to erect a “sign warning of a blind summit” this was not deemed to be required before then.

Metalhead
    Participant

@wrexview 16413 wrote:

BBC News – Bill takes ‘too much power’ from communities, warn council leaders

TBH that’s basically what’s happening now anyway. Recently we’ve seen Wrexham Council’s Planning Committee throw out some controversial applications with pretty much unanimous decisions (Marford Convenience Store 15-0, Borras Gas Drilling Test 17-2) only for an appeal officer to then overrule these decisions. While the super prison didn’t even go through any form of local planning process. Begs the question what exactly is the point of even having a local planning dept?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Two former North Wales Police officers to be barred from policing after misconduct hearing

News

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News