Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Ferret
    Participant

@Saxon1 16137 wrote:

Ferret
    Just for the record both my grandfathers worked in Llay Main,not in the offices, not white collar workers, down the pit and I have lived in Llay for 30 years.

Respect Saxon, truly. My point is just that everywhere evolves. If I lived there I’d probably be against new development as well. Might be right might be wrong. But most of that side of the village WAS new development at some point. People gotta live some place.

lazyjack
    Participant

It’s impossible to compare this new ‘proposed’ development with the Gresford Road side of Llay as it currently is.

The current houses along Gresford Road, including all the cul-de-sacs etc have evolved over a number of years, each being built on a much smaller scale. Also none of them have been built directly opposite the houses which originally made up the village of Llay, as there is a ‘wooded’ area between them. Access to them has also been kept completely separate, so there was nowhere near as much impact on existing homes with extra traffic.

I just hope the council realise how much the land for the ‘proposed’ development has sunk over the last 20-30 years. Not exactly an ideal location for 350 new homes………..

Captain C
    Participant

30 years ago a farmer in Llay sold his pig farm as building land and they built Singret Hights off the Gresford Road on it. Now thirty years later the same farming family want to sell their farming land to build 367 properties and destroy our countryside even further.
    Llay can not sustain an estate of this size and certainly not on land that it is well known to have sunk over the last 20 years and would be unstable to build on. Who ever buys a house there would have great difficulty getting insurance and the builder would have a problem issuing a building federation 10 year certificate.

Saxon1
    Participant

It seems farmers don’t want to farm anymore, just want to sell
    land to make money and don’t care about the area and the impact on the people living there. Presume he will move away from the area into a fine grand house on the proceeds.

Interesting.

Andy
    Participant

Well, the new citizens of this country have to live somewhere. And think of the extra council tax. Should raise over £350000 annually. Plus a boost to the local economy.

Darlofan
    Participant

@Saxon1 16171 wrote:

land to make money and don’t care about the area and the impact on the people living there. Presume he will move away from the area into a fine grand house on the proceeds.

Would you not? If I was approaching retirement with little pension and owned masses of land that was no use to me anymore and someone was offering to buy it all so I could live my life out comfortably I know what I’d be doing.

Huw
    Participant

@Saxon1 16171 wrote:

I don’t blame them. Look at the way the supermarkets squeeze them on prices for things like milk! If it was me I would sell up too, get rich and move, and anybody says that they wouldn’t do the same is a liar.

Saxon1
    Participant

If only that was the case. Understand this farmer has now bought land elsewhere in Llay so presume he will do the same again to other Llay residents.

zinger
    Participant

At what cost. There are plenty of green fields in Cheshire & good schools. These houses won’t benefit Wrexham economy. If someone were to build 20 or so houses for local people it would barely be worth a mention but the sheer size of this proposed construction is ridiculous. If ‘Joe Public’ were to apply to build one house on the outside edge of a village, planning consent would be turned down immediately. The size of this project is pure greed.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News