Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

Surely that should come from the writer not his apologist who I note is signed in on this thread as I write this post!

Saxon1
    Participant

A BLOG TOO FAR

This is a blog too far, this is exactly the reason why I am stopping blogging, as certain elements will say anything to cause trouble and ill feeling, when they have ran out of valid points to make.

So I make no apologies for quoting from the Winston Churchill famous speech showing gritted british determination, strength of character of the British soldiers who went into the war fighting for their country and cause.

If you really think that this was a defamatory comments to make then you are very much mistaken. My family lost fathers, brothers in the war, my great-grandmother buried two of her sons in the 2nd World War, they died within 6 months of each other. My great grandfather won a DCM Medal from bravery in the line of fire.

A Blog too far

onequest
    Participant

Has anyone given thought to the new police HQ and custody suite, which is to be built opposite Sharps. I will bet a lot of tax payers money has gone in to finding the idea location, transport links and so forth. I can onlyI imagine the problems that will be caused, if the housing estate should be given the go ahead as the main trunk road will be reduced to thirty miles per hour with a roundabout in the middle of the straight mile, also take in to account this trunk road also feeds the main stream of traffic to the Industrial estate.

Metalhead
    Participant

So some appear to taken offence at what was obviously a rather light hearted use of the Churchill quote. BTW the post in question would appear to have gone up on Saturday and not on Remembrance Day so when would have been appropriate?, the week before?, a month after?, never? Also a very well known British heavy metal band have been using it for the past 20 years without anyone batting an eyelid, should we be offended by that as well?

johnhoppy
    Participant

Unfortunately in today’s society if there is a way to become offended, someone will find a way to be offended.

Saxon1
    Participant

Marie, many thanks for all this important information. We appreciate it.

Aurora24
    Participant

Its the scale of this build which is the cause for concern. If the proposed build was 20-30 houses I doubt there would be any rejection at all. However, as is clear on a daily basis, this village is grossly ill prepared for such a substantial population change.

Yes, the farmer is well within his rights to do what he wants with his land but surely a consideration of any local planning department must be the capabilities of the local community to cope with such a influx of new individuals to the area.

The benefits to the local economy will be relatively negligible, that’s if ‘local economies’ even exist anymore. The bulk of their grocery and electronic consumable shopping habits will be online. Lets face it, the majority of consumers in these properties will commute to supermarkets found in Wrexham, they have a choice of 5 or 6. The only reason to visit the Co-Op is when you’ve forgotten milk and bread

The only economy these new residents will contribute to is the turnover figures of major supermarket chains. Ironically, the same cycle that no doubt forced the farmer to sell up in the first place.

Yes, some may spend £10-15 per week in the local takeaways, or pubs but that’s an embarrassing argument to put forward considering these couples will have relatively young families to look after alongside the fact disposable incomes are low in Wales.

These 350 houses, in economic reality, will do very little for the community. Anyone who lives here must understand that on a day to day basis will you spend longer in traffic, longer in the doctors and longer in our already over-capacitized local hospitals.

lazyjack
    Participant

Unfortunately, the biggest winners, obviously apart from the farmer and developer, would be WCBC in the form of 367 extra council tax payments.

onequest
    Participant

I do agree with a lot you have to say, what I don’t agree with is, if there were only 10-20 houses being built, if this were the case this would set a president, to build more houses at a later date.

Captain C
    Participant

Just to inform everyone that the petition forms are now in The Llay Resource Centre and also Llay School. If you have not yet signed , please go along as soon as you can.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Removing fly-tipping cost Wrexham Council £21,500 last year

News

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News