Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Just to understand your point Zinger.. The development would be for people travelling to work in Chester, Manchester and beyond I would imagine a huge proportion of people living in Llay already commute to these places for work especially as Sharp have made hundreds of redundancies. Times have changed people commute to work to progress in their careers and find better paid work. Also if you don’t live in Llay how does this development have a detrimental effect on you!!!’

Saxon1
    Participant

I think Llayfaithful is a poor choice of name, since you have only just just joined the .com bloggers !!
    Were you at the turnout on Thursday night !!!
    If you were you would see how many people do not want this development. They are the true Llayfaithful !!

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Hi Saxon yes I arrived there about 4.30, my wife was there at 4pm though it was a good turnout but the whole of Llay was not in attendance. My points are only legitimate views if this Forum was just for negative points then it wouldn’t be a discussion board. In my opinion the comments I have stated are just facts and my views that it would be a good thing for Llay. You never know Saxon they may do a part exchange option and you could live on the new estate and reap the rewards!!!!!

Fred
    Participant

What rewards llay faithful? Why is it a good thing for Llay. Curious to know, as in our fact and evidence gathering mission to back up all mentioned previously, it would good to exhaust and disprove a chance of a supposed positive impact to our village and community. We are serious about fighting this with facts and passion.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Would the development be acceptable to Llay residents if there was an assurance that all of the services such as schools, GP etc were upgraded to cope with the increased population.
    Expansion without appropriate resources is clearly negative- expansion with resources should perhaps be embraced.

Saxon1
    Participant

The only people this will benefit are developers and Home Farm. Would Llayfaithfull like to
    Enlighten us all to the benefits, as we would all like to hear about them.
    As for part exchange, why would we reap rewards!!
    Extremely odd comment to make whoever you are.

Saxon1
    Participant

Just to let everybody know that the PETITION will be available to sign

In Mr’s Lee’s shop in Llay.

zinger
    Participant

I quite understand that some Llay people may work in Chester but I suspect that most people who would live in these new homes will be from over the border. Houses aren’t as expensive in Llay as they are in Chester. They will spend their money in Chester, Broughton etc and not in the locality. How long will it be before it will become Llay near Chester just like a lot of other places?

BenjaminM
    Participant

I will give you this Saxon, you really are a trier but unfortunately, you (or your fellow protagonists) have yet to come up with any convincing argument that is likely to persuade readers that this has little else to do with anything other than nimbyism, let alone Authorities that have the ultimate say on the matter.
    Even those that don’t live in Llay who offer tacit support have displayed the same attitude towards any development in their neck of the woods.
    I am quite certain in my own mind that anything that represents the 21st Century (or indeed the second half of the 20th) is taboo unless of course it is proposed for some other location. This was highlighted by one contributor in particular who stated (and I paraphrase) there are lots of available locations in Cheshire.
    I must congratulate you however for showing you mean business by placing a petition for signing in Mr. Lee’s shop.

Fred
    Participant

Back on the sustainability of education services in Llay.

I have read today that Aled Roberts AM has secured extra funding for Llay school and it’s High-schools that it feeds into. The Welsh Government deem this necessary as the want to “see continued support for those children who do not come from financially affluent backgrounds”.

An increase of 140 children, requiring a free building being provided, (the one off £2k per child from the developer nowhere near covering this build), would definitely drain the £213k provided for education over 3 years.
    Recently Llay school amalgamated and had a new school built to provide excellent education services to the EXISTING village.

Again I ask, how is this positivity impacting our community?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News