Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Adam
    Participant

Amazing.

If only as much effort was put in to making things happen as put in to stopping things happening…

ddraig
    Participant

@Captain C 16383 wrote:

Are you both ganging up on us for fun as you seem to be on first name terms?

Or just quoting his username.

This is just a balanced discussion, we all agree and disagree on many things. I agree that the development on this land might not make sense, but only because there are more likely more suitable green field sites, not for a lot of the reasons being mentioned earlier in the thread

Saxon1
    Participant

You have to remember some people are new to blogging, but with feelings running so high everybody wants to put their points across.
    I have never blogged before let alone used Face book etc, but I am so passionate this development is not going to happen that I am learning fast (smiley face)!! as I have no idea how to do it !!!! If somebody could explain would be grateful.

And yes we are making a huge effort to make this happen ! and that the development does not go ahead (smiley face) !!

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

In terms of who says we need more houses the planning inspector in rejecting the previous council’s LDP in 2011 said we need more. This is likely to be somewhere between 6-10,000 dwellings ! The same council also bequeathed a shortfall in the 5 year bank of housing and at the moment that is around 6.6years. Put those facts together and it is not a happy picture for resisting developers and in the absence of a current LDP it is harder to match new proposals to the infrastructure, that should come with an”all singing-all dancing” LDP. That said by all means object on planning grounds to factors such as strain on health services, loss of agricultural land and school places.
    N.B.-I can confirm that the vacancies mentioned at All Saints Gresford are correct -at maximum 15 spare places.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Sorry the land bank of houses should have read 3.6 years ,a substantial shortfall bequeathed to this council from the 2008-2012 one!

Saxon1
    Participant

I would just love to know where they pluck their figures from. As noted this morning there are over 880 houses for sale within a 3 mile radius of Wrexham, so if these houses are not selling, who in their right minds is going to build more. Mortgages are harder to come by than ever, with young people struggling to get a deposit. All that will happen in this development is that landlords will buy up great numbers of these houses and rent them out for ridiculous rents and who will benefit from that.
    Thanks for the info re Gresford School, it was confirmed last night by the Head Teacher at Llay School that they are also full and she voiced her concerns to the developers.

ddraig
    Participant

@Saxon1 16390 wrote:

I would just love to know where they pluck their figures from. As noted this morning there are over 880 houses for sale within a 3 mile radius of Wrexham, so if these houses are not selling, who in their right minds is going to build more. Mortgages are harder to come by than ever, with young people struggling to get a deposit. All that will happen in this development is that landlords will buy up great numbers of these houses and rent them out for ridiculous rents and who will benefit from that.
    Thanks for the info re Gresford School, it was confirmed last night by the Head Teacher at Llay School that they are also full and she voiced her concerns to the developers.

And that is exactly what I am referring to.

We cannot base the decision on whether the houses should be built on how many are currently in the ‘float’, thats not a valid objection. If the houses are built then clearly the investor thinks there is a market – and that is his/her risk to take.

This is just using any old reason to object to the development

rockyrobins
    Participant

@dagg 16300 wrote:

Why. Are we going to have a prison full of sick and injured prisoners who need hospital treatment. :confused:

If its anything like Altcourse prison where the prisoners are regularly hospitalised due to drugs with a prison population of 800 imagine what impact over 2000 prisoners will have on the Maelor.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Hi all, some very interesting points raised by all, like a previous person quoted that points need to be valid, surely Jo blogs commenting that the land is sinking and there is anthrax amongst the fields has to be proven??? I personally feel that a development in Llay will boost the local economy and also increase house prices as it has done in Hope, Penyffordd and Higher Kinnerton. The transport links couldn’t be better with the A483 just a mile down the road especially with the changes they are making as you approach Chester. Interms of Schooling and Health care I’m certain that these factors will be taken into consideration ie you are now able to attend a GP near your place of work so some of the possible residents may choose to do so!!!! Whether this development was built in any village/town people will always find points to disagree with rather than making the best out of a situation I’m sure you all would prefer nice new houses than derelict land as farmers continue to struggle!!!!!

zinger
    Participant

I am not from Llay and yes I would object if they tried to do the same to Gresford or Rossett. I know that I speak from the heart which is no use to anyone. We have to make a stand & fight for common sense or we might just as well roll over and let the powers that be walk all over us. Lots of research is needed. Stick to facts and ask people who stood up to be counted for Rhosrobin & Brymbo for advice on what they found out about planning consents. Make no mistake, this development is for commuters from Chester, Manchester & beyond. Why else would they choose somewhere with good access to the bypass?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News