Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

Planning permission granted for 1715 homes in Bodelwyddan.

Good job that Captain C or the rest of his his vociferous band don’t live there as the entertainment value of this thread would have gone because they would more than likely have suffered apoplectic fits.

Sheefag
    Participant

In the words of the Reverend John Lydon, ‘Anger Is An Energy’.

Sammy
    Participant

I did see this in the newspaper a few week’s ago, I thought that it was that area that would be the site. I work on the industrial estate in Llay and come along the Rosset to Llay rd every morning and there is traffic chaos already with the disruptions on the by-pass by Chester. I had to take a detour along Geggin Lane the other week or I would have been stuck there for an hour so how that road will cope the the extra traffic I do not know.

JaneJ
    Participant

I appreciaite that this housing develpment is a major issue for existing residents in Llay — I am however astonished that the 22,000 views is the highest ever for any Wrexham.com thread. Obviously someone is doing a brilliant job in Llay pointing to the site for information — it also pints out that readers of this thread are more interested in a very local issue compared with many of the broader topics that are posted about the Council, Welsh Government and the shops in town.

For anyone with a local issue that needs publicity and views then get them posted on Wrexham.com — it also shows what a nonsense it is when Wrexham Council say they are pleased with their 700+ responses to their budget consultation. At a recent Council Executive meting Clr King queried the validity of data as due to a very low response rate — he was shot down by the Leader saying it was statistically acceptable — if that is the case then the replies on the Llay housing should also be acceptable. Campaigners (for and against) should analyse the responses on this site and use them to back up your point of view.

Saxon1
    Participant

Good to see in the link below that others are also concerned about this development and can see what would be disaster for Llay and for Wrexham in general.

Plaid Wrecsam: Plans for over 900 houses in Llay and Rhosrobin are a ‘disaster waiting to happen’ says Plaid Cymru candidate

Sheefag
    Participant

She doesn’t give a stuff, she’s a politician.
    She’s desperate and trying to exchange populism for votes.

Captain C
    Participant

Christ Shefag, you are a self opinionated person, just give it a rest for once.

Sheefag
    Participant

She’s an opportunist politician, read the statement on the Plaid website, they want NO NEW HOMES, none at all.
    It’s called pulling up the drawbridge.

Sheefag
    Participant

You really are Mr. Happy aren’t you, you little ray of sunshine.

Saxon1
    Participant

Just a quick update to all on the latest news we have regarding the development.

1. Llay Community Council voted against the development.
    2. Gresford Community Council carried a motion not to approve the development.
    3. Rossett Community Council also carried a motion not to approve the development.
    4. Plaid Cymru against the development and general over development in Wrexham.
    5. Still no date for the Planning Meeting but we are led to believe it will be mid March.

You will be able to read the minutes of all the Community Council meetings on their respective websites in due course.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News