Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

Thanks Zinger for these interesting articles.
    The Anthrax was in the local papers at the time, as we lived across the field from it and were interviewed by The Daily Post, so there are articles on line.
    They burnt the pigs in massive bonfires in the quarry.
    This is not a story, its is FACT.

We saw cows dying in the fields on Home Farm 3 years ago and we saw them being taken away. Not sure if Cows can get Anthrax ! or is it just pigs – does anybody know ?

zinger
    Participant

The disease affects domestic animals – such as cattle, sheep, goats, horses, donkeys, pigs and dogs – as well as wild ruminants such as antelopes, gazelles and impalas. Even elephants and hippopotami are reported to have died from the disease in outbreaks in some parts of Africa. Wild carnivores such as lions, hyenas and jackals, are also susceptible. Birds, however, seem to be resistant to anthrax.

Saxon1
    Participant

Enjoy your pint Llayfaithful. To think I waited in all day to see your response with bated breath, how disappointed I was to see just how many people this development will be good for. Did you forget about the people of Llay that already exist !!

Captain C
    Participant

Saxon1
    Participant

To be fair to Home Farm, I am not sure if the last Anthrax outbreak was on their land. It was lower down on the Singrett Hill fields, and I am not sure if Home Farm was affected, as I cannot remember.

Saxon1
    Participant

Zinger, the Character of Llay etc article makes very interesting reading. I have never seen this before. Will be definitely using this in our case.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

So the anthrax wasn’t on the proposed land!!!! As another person commented all the facts need to be in place not just people claiming points! Saxon I guess we don’t have any of the above trades people that live in llay if you still seem to think the people of Llay will not benefit I’m sure the local businesses will disagree. I’m sure there are lots of people in llay like myself who are in support of this development maybe a support petition should be in place. So at least Anthrax is ruled out, you can’t brush that off like the people who will benefit. Zinger I’m afraid you don’t live in Llay so really your just poking the fire!!!!

Saxon1
    Participant

Hi Llayfaithful, quick pint that was !! Only the one was it – gosh the local pub will be going out of business with customers like you.

So hey go ahead and get yourself a support group going. At least then you will be in the know about who is in favour and who isn’t. We have a head start on you fortunately and we already know many local peoples views by the amount of signatures we have collected.

Presume you are a local tradesman then, no wonder you are in support. Our efforts are concentrated on the general Llay population and not just a set of local business people hoping to increase their turnover.

zinger
    Participant

I do have family living in Llay who I care very deeply about. You asked questions & I looked up answers.

Llayfaithful
    Participant

Saxon unfortunately I’m sat in the pub discussing this with a group of friends. I am self employed but unfortunately I have no business in this area at present… So if your not to concerned about the local businesses I’m sure some of your supporters who rely on those services will disagree. Again evading the points made by myself and other supporters. Enjoy your Saturday night.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

LIVE VIDEO: Police and Crime Commissioner election count underway – 14.8% turn out in Wrexham

News

Wrexham AFC release retained and released player list

News

Welsh Ambulance Service urges public to protect resources over Bank Holiday

News

Safety concerns raised over plans for phone charging benches in Wrexham

News

Calls to protect vulnerable people at risk of fuel poverty

News

Glowing Estyn report for Wrexham-based Pupil Referral Unit

News