Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Captainkavos
    Participant

If I was the farmer,I’d be doing the same , infact I’m surprised that this hasn’t been applied for before , with no LDP in place this could quite easily be approved .I can’t see any valid reason for refusal .School places wouldn’t be a problem as nobody seems to send there kids to local schools anyway , The Doctors would cope as there’s probably people out of the area using llay , so a bit of streaming lining would do the trick .

zinger
    Participant

Have you noticed that the people who ridicule NIMBY’s are the people who aren’t threatened with having huge new housing estates or prisons or pig farms etc in their back yards. Would any of these people hold up their hands and say that they do indeed live on Gresford Road?

Chris
    Participant

One positive thing to come out of this discussion is that wrexham.com have 4 or 5 new contributors.

Metalhead
    Participant

@Captainkavos 16658 wrote:

If I was the farmer,I’d be doing the same , infact I’m surprised that this hasn’t been applied for before , with no LDP in place this could quite easily be approved .I can’t see any valid reason for refusal .School places wouldn’t be a problem as nobody seems to send there kids to local schools anyway , The Doctors would cope as there’s probably people out of the area using llay , so a bit of streaming lining would do the trick .

What do you mean nobody sends their kids to local schools? Where do you think they send them to? :confused:

If there is indeed a significant percentage of people from outside of the Llay area using the local doctors (be surprised if this was the case TBH) then do they get kicked out to make way for these new residents?, if so then where to do they go to?

….and I’ll be honest I’ve no idea what ‘streaming lining’ actually is? :confused:

Captainkavos
    Participant

If there was still the catchment area ruling with schools then 350 houses being built would be a serious issue .But because you can virtually send you kids anywhere these days, anyone moving into this area would probably keep there kids at there previous school, if logistics and circumstances allow.
    My wife used to be a receptionist at a local doctors and knows at first hand that people can’t be bothered to change doctors when they move .
    As to whether Llay would cope with 350 houses ,it probably would ,just take a look at the village of Farndon , that at the moment is expanding rather quickly with more houses in the pipeline !

dagg
    Participant

@Captainkavos 16877 wrote:

If there was still the catchment area ruling with schools then 350 houses being built would be a serious issue .But because you can virtually send you kids anywhere these days, anyone moving into this area would probably keep there kids at there previous school, if logistics and circumstances allow.
    My wife used to be a receptionist at a local doctors and knows at first hand that people can’t be bothered to change doctors when they move .
    As to whether Llay would cope with 350 houses ,it probably would ,just take a look at the village of Farndon , that at the moment is expanding rather quickly with more houses in the pipeline !

My daughter has just left home, and now lives on the border of her doctors catchment area and has been told to find another doctor. She doesn’t have a choice she has to change.

Captain C
    Participant

Just has we suspected, the application for outline permission was put in last week (3rd December) but has taken a week to show up on the council web page. One week later and on checking we found that the Community Council and the local Councillors have not been notified yet even though the Llay Community Council are meeting on Monday. It’s the oldest trick in the book, if you want to slide things past the public then apply over Christmas when every ones attention is on other things and the Council Offices are closed.:rolleyes:

jimbow
    Participant

This will be the third planning application in the pipeline at this moment in time.117 houses in Rhosrobin already in discussion,400 houses in Pandy and now outline permission for Llay for 350 homes. I think some builder is going to get their fingers burnt trying to sell 867 homes.

Captain C
    Participant

Just to put the record straight it’s 365 houses that they want to build in Llay giving us a total of 882 houses that some idiots want to build on this side of Wrexham. :eek:

jimbow
    Participant

Sorry for not getting the record straight. I took the 350 homes from the heading of the thread.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News