Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Huw
    Participant

Just reading an old article about this from the Leader. The boss of the firm behind the development says ‘it will make people view Llay in a different way’. Not sure that’s the best way of getting the residents backing?

Sheefag
    Participant

@Saxon1 18579 wrote:

Just a quick update to all on the latest news we have regarding the development.

1. Llay Community Council voted against the development.
    Voting, Turkeys & Christmas
    2. Gresford Community Council carried a motion not to approve the development. – Voting, Turkeys & Christmas
    3. Rossett Community Council also carried a motion not to approve the development. – Voting, Turkeys & Christmas
    4. Plaid Cymru against the development and general over development in Wrexham. – Outsider hating, opportunistic politicians
    5. Still no date for the Planning Meeting but we are led to believe it will be mid March.

You will be able to read the minutes of all the Community Council meetings on their respective websites in due course.

Lot’s of vested interests there.

Saxon1
    Participant

The Minutes from Gresford Community Council Meeting from January are now posted and available to read on the Gresford Community Council website.
    Llay Community Council’s should be posted this week.
    It is good to see that the all the same points we are concerned about also concern many other people, not just people living in Llay.

Pinky02
    Participant

@99DylanJones 16403 wrote:

Would the development be acceptable to Llay residents if there was an assurance that all of the services such as schools, GP etc were upgraded to cope with the increased population.
    Expansion without appropriate resources is clearly negative- expansion with resources should perhaps be embraced.

During Llay community council’s meeting last week, a statement was read out from the doctors surgery in Llay stating their grave concerns about the size of the development and that during discussions with the developers, they have been unable to offer any solutions to our problems.

Therefore it seems the developers have no intentions to ensure the infrastructure of the village will be extended to cope. It seems it will be a case of build and get on with it!

beedar
    Participant

Then the current residents will have to suffer the consequences which will be disastrous if this barmy idea goes ahead

Saxon1
    Participant

@beedar 19011 wrote:

Then the current residents will have to suffer the consequences which will be disastrous if this barmy idea goes ahead

Agree with this entirely, this is why we are trying any which way we can to get it stopped.

We are lobbying everywhere we can think as, as there is too much to loose if we don’t.

As of this week we are now on Twitter “LOVE LLAY “LLay”Wrexham” Protect our Community”

sparky1
    Participant

cant see what the problem is? they have to build homes somewhere! why not llay? was your home not built? or do you still live in a caves :)

Saxon1
    Participant

Yes I have a lovely cave thank you.
    But if you have read the blog from the start perhaps you might see why we are objecting.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Just watched a programme on TV about Britains housing crisis. It would have been essential viewing for the Llay anti housing development protagonists.
    If any of them have any morality in their collective being, they would realise that at least a million more houses are needed nationally to address the current shortfall and that the protectionist attitude towards their minor enclave is nothing short of being morally indefensible.
    I wish the application to build, every success and I hope that WCBC decision makers do what is right for the wider audience and not bow down to insignificant, parochial and petty arguments to the contrary.

Pinky02
    Participant

@BenjaminM 19553 wrote:

Just watched a programme on TV about Britains housing crisis. It would have been essential viewing for the Llay anti housing development protagonists.
    If any of them have any morality in their collective being, they would realise that at least a million more houses are needed nationally to address the current shortfall and that the protectionist attitude towards their minor enclave is nothing short of being morally indefensible.
    I wish the application to build, every success and I hope that WCBC decision makers do what is right for the wider audience and not bow down to insignificant, parochial and petty arguments to the contrary.

I can only assume by your comments BenjaminM that you do not live in Llay. I do not live by the proposed development but the size of this development will affect myself and everyone else living in the village. It is not only the doctors and schools that will be unable to cope but the roads as well. Because of the decision of WCBC to stop school transport, myself and many others now have to make the journey to both Castell Alun and Darland schools. Both routes from the village take you to the crown traffic lights, which I can assure you is an absolute nightmare at 8 o’clock in the morning. It is not a case of NIMBY, it’s a common sense approach that the development is far too big for the village to cope!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News