Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Sheefag
    Participant

Zinger, I’m not sneering at working parents, I’m simply stating a fact. Kids used to walk or catch a bus to School, the free bus concept is something that sprung up after the war.
    If people want better public services then they need to pay more tax and be more vociferous over how that tax is spent but that is in fairness a subject for a different discussion.

Sheefag
    Participant

@Saxon1 19986 wrote:

The reality is “They will close the door after the horse has bolted”, and it will be up the local residents already living in the area to fight their corner for all local facilities. WBC are already millions in the red and cutting just about service they can, do you really think that they will have the funds to do what we all think they should do. I don’t think so.
    There is a major problem encouraging doctors to come to Wales, they cannot simply ignore that fact if they do decide to build new GP surgeries etc.
    In my family alone, my mum is waiting for a new knee and has been told it will be 12 – 18 months on the waiting list. A work college has been waiting for a Urology appointment for over a year and has just been given an appointment in Bangor !

We cannot simply ignore what will surely affect each and every one of us living in Wrexham.

The funds will come from central government, funding is available and always has been for growth, without growth, Wales will die.
    One of my experiences of Wrexham and I hasten to add that it’s not unique and can be found in many small ‘Down On Their Luck’ towns across the UK, is occasional and overt hostility to newcomers.
    On this board alone I’ve seen it openly stated how ‘England Wants To Keep Wales Underfoot’.
    With attitudes such as those from a vociferous minority who are hostile to incomers, one shouldn’t be surprised when professionals who are presented with a choice of where to live, exercise it and live elsewhere.

To quote from a more eloquent poster than I from another thread –
    @ddraig 19984 wrote:

Everyone needs to be sensible and realistic, houses do need to be built – and on top of that Wrexham is one of 6 strategic settlements in Wales (Wales Spatial Plan) and the only one in North East Wales. Its future success and the ambition to create a better life and more opportunities for our community will be based on growth. Growth of appropriate and sustaining jobs, together with a growth in population. Relatively large towns and its hinterlands need critical mass to sustain facilities and well paid jobs. Hopefully through the LDP critical issues will be addressed to ensure that the development of planned sites is supported by the required infrastructure.

Saxon1
    Participant

@Sheefag 19990 wrote:

Zinger, I’m not sneering at working parents, I’m simply stating a fact. Kids used to walk or catch a bus to School, the free bus concept is something that sprung up after the war.

If people want better public services then they need to pay more tax and be more vociferous over how that tax is spent but that is in fairness a subject for a different discussion.

I think most would disagree that we all need to pay more tax, and when was the last time you were asked personally how you want you tax spending. Most people have no choice but to pay tax through PAYE, we don’t get a choice on what happens after its gone into the big pot.

Sheefag
    Participant

You get what you vote for and voting patterns in the area have been predictable for decades ergo, there is little or no incentive for incumbent local politicians to deliver what the electorate want but that’s a subject for a completely different discussion.

Saxon1
    Participant

Well I for one don’t vote Labour, which I am assuming is what you were thinking. I run my own business, employ 5 people, pay corporation tax, Pay Employer NI contributions for 5 members of staff. What does living in Llay or North Wales for that matter make a difference. I would class my self as professional, along with many others who live in Llay, Wales etc, but I choose to live in Wales and am proud to be Welsh, and thats my personal choice. My office is in Chester, so pay business rates in England. You cannot assume that everybody in Wales is as you think, and so what if they all want to vote Labour or for anybody else for that matter, it’s their choice, whether they live in Wales or not.
    Both my grandfathers worked down Llay Main Pit and were staunch Labour voters, am I to condemn them for that !! Absolutely not. I am proud of them as I am proud to be Welsh and should not have to apologise for it to you or anybody else.

Choice is what we all have, but no matter who you vote for you still don’t get a choice in where you tax goes.

Sheefag
    Participant

My dear Saxon, I’m not asking you to apologise to me for anything, I also run a small business (Or Three) and the similarity in our backgrounds is uncanny.

The long and the short of it is that, whilst the erstwhile tabloid/ITV opinionated seem to conclude that our whole world should revolve around their kids, this isn’t the case and isn’t, to my mind at least, a reason why growth of a community should be prematurely stunted.

Sheefag
    Participant

I see the Anti Development Group have politicised and chucked their lot in with the LibDems.

Sheefag
    Participant
    Multi Million Pound Ruabon Development Recommended For Approval

Controversial proposals to develop over 300 houses, a supermarket and hotel on land in Wrexham are due to go before councillors next week.

Multi Million Pound Ruabon Development Recommended For Approval

Captain C
    Participant

I saw that, but noted that most of the locals seem to be in favour of it and did not object. In fact if you read the planning data nearly every one seems to be in favour of it not just the planning officer.

Captain C
    Participant

Thursday evening, Llay Community Council meeting at the school in Llay will be attended by the Wrexham AM for Wales Lesley Griffiths (Minister for housing). I hope lots will attend and put across their views. We are told the application for planning will not happen before June and maybe not until July.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News