Shops closing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Shops closing

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

Hi Adam. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a QR code?

angryShopper
    Participant

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=QR+code

It’s amazing what we can do with computers now

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Alunh;3497 wrote:
    Hi Adam. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a QR code?

A posh looking barcode for the 2010s created in such a way that it looks cool for dull brands whose marketing execs have iPhones.

all qr codes should have the following comment included in them..

“My marketing director is a nob who can’t work his iPad.”

I turned down a job year before last solely because the exec had a qr code on the back of his business card. You can’t create a successful website that is based on gimmicks and having a qr code is just that.

angryShopper
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3500 wrote:

A posh looking barcode for the 2010s created in such a way that it looks cool for dull brands whose marketing execs have iPhones.

all qr codes should have the following comment included in them..

“My marketing director is a nob who can’t work his iPad.”

I turned down a job year before last solely because the exec had a qr code on the back of his business card. You can’t create a successful website that is based on gimmicks and having a qr code is just that.

wow now that’s a pile of rubbish

a QR code is 3D barcode, it can hold as much information as a book, where as a normalbarcode is very limited in what it can hold, many smart phones can read QR codes, and thus you scan a building, and you get a map and information

they are used poorly by firms who don’t realise just how much they can do, and of course ay say idiots like the above user who things progress is a gimmick,

QR for wrexham would be ideal as navigation, I’ve often been asked directions near the general train station, where is the hospital, which way to the shops, and indeed once outside a shut burger king and a shut M&S where are the shops

Adam
    Participant

@angryShopper 3503 wrote:

a QR code is 3D barcode, it can hold as much information as a book, where as a normalbarcode is very limited in what it can hold, many smart phones can read QR codes, and thus you scan a building, and you get a map and information

they are used poorly by firms who don’t realise just how much they can do, and of course ay say idiots like the above user who things progress is a gimmick,

QR for wrexham would be ideal as navigation, I’ve often been asked directions near the general train station, where is the hospital, which way to the shops, and indeed once outside a shut burger king and a shut M&S where are the shops

I’m launching a virtual , rancid tomato at you right this moment..

angryShopper
    Participant

@Adam 3518 wrote:

I’m launching a virtual , rancid tomato at you right this moment..

Why thankyou sir, it’s a refreshing change from the usual Wrexham projectiles of air pelets and petrol bombs x

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3503 wrote:

A qr code can only hold about 177 x 177 black or white squares, (only 62658 possibities so only 4kb of information or in other words the first 0.2 seconds of this web page.

anyone with an android phone can take a photo of the general train station and google api will recognise it and get all the directions they need or any info required. so why is an ugly barcode needed?

qr was outdated soon after y2k except for middle aged marketing execs who drive bmws and think jeremy clarkson is god… in other words… close minded xenophobic fossils who have to say something controversial for attention… rather like yourself.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3528 wrote:
    Why thankyou sir, it’s a refreshing change from the usual Wrexham projectiles of air pelets and petrol bombs x

The crime stats do not show this. You’re slurring wrexham without any evidence like the leader.

Air pellets (spelt with a double ‘l’) are more likely at the chelsea fc training ground. re: ashley cole.

Your spelling is rather like the leader articles too.

angryShopper
    Participant

BBC News – Woman dies after car arson attack in Wrexham

^ and of course this one, prick

Wrexham does a good enough job of slurring it’s self sweets.

Wrexham | Chavtowns – Britain's worst places to live!

^ and this is a wonderful read

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3539 wrote:
    BBC News – Woman dies after car arson attack in Wrexham

^ and of course this one, prick <= Aggressive bad language.

Wrexham does a good enough job of slurring it’s self sweets.

Wrexham | Chavtowns – Britain’s worst places to live!

^ and this is a wonderful read

Can you please set an example to wrexham kids and stop using bad aggressive language. They deserve better.

There is nothing in either of those articles that say air pellets or petrol bombs. The chavtown isn’t even a real press article and it was written almost 8 years ago.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News