Shops closing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Shops closing

• Author

Sam
    Participant

If everyone shouted and heckled it would be a right rabble, just look at the House of parliament !
    Leaders are born leaders, foot soldier’s are required to support the leaders.
    Far to much important stuff just gets ‘signed off’ nowadays because no one has the balls to challenge it !
    Each and everyone of the UK has a voice, all equal, it’s just how you use it !

thewayneinspain
    Participant

There will never be a revolution in GB. The british don’t like big changes.

Sam
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3766 wrote:

Hopefully there will come a time, hopefully.

Born Acorn
    Participant
    thewayneinspain;3766 wrote:

It’s all just so… French

;)

Alunh
    Participant

Revolutions?

This sort of twaddle never got anyone anywhere, except the graveyard. Thewaynesinspain was, I presume, talking about any range of positive things that people can do to improve their communities. This sort of student stuff fills Facebook with people talking through their backsides.

I go into schools talking to kids about Entrepreneurship. Ironically, in a time when Records are being set for the number of people IN work, even teachers are portraying the world out there in a negative way. Sad. Despite the difficult times, there have never been so many opportunities for youngsters to do different things. My work involves explaining to 13-18 year olds about all the exciting opportunities around Wales there are and pointing out the huge number of new businesses that are being established every year. Many of these are on the Internet or using IT.

There are hundreds of ways that people can turn the country round but for those who want to ride the “Thatcher closed the Coalmines” horse, then this will probably never do,

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

It might be twaddle to you but have the right to spout rubbish if we want to. We are only having a discussion not advocating anarchy!

I am very flattered that you think I have a student mentality. I am a Grandmother so would be a very mature student.

I do not use the orifice you mentioned for speaking as it would be very muffled if I tried lol.

Alunh
    Participant

When people use certain phrases, they have to take care. It’s the Incendiary stuff that saw thousands of young people descend upon parts of London and endangered people’s lives. The same has, you will be aware, happened in Wrexham.

The discussion was about ways of improving Wrexham and I always dislike stuff that sounds quite ‘sexy’ but actually gets no one anywhere.

Now you can be a grandmother and I might well talk constantly out of my orifice, but I suspect a bit of thought about what we do and say wouldn’t go amiss

Alunh
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 3802 wrote:

It might be twaddle to you but have the right to spout rubbish if we want to. We are only having a discussion not advocating anarchy!

I am very flattered that you think I have a student mentality. I am a Grandmother so would be a very mature student.

I do not use the orifice you mentioned for speaking as it would be very muffled if I tried lol.

As well, the remark wasn’t thrown in your direction anyway!! (lol)

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Point taken.

Sam
    Participant

@Alunh 3787 wrote:

Revolutions?

This sort of twaddle never got anyone anywhere, except the graveyard. Thewaynesinspain was, I presume, talking about any range of positive things that people can do to improve their communities. This sort of student stuff fills Facebook with people talking through their backsides.

I go into schools talking to kids about Entrepreneurship. Ironically, in a time when Records are being set for the number of people IN work, even teachers are portraying the world out there in a negative way. Sad. Despite the difficult times, there have never been so many opportunities for youngsters to do different things. My work involves explaining to 13-18 year olds about all the exciting opportunities around Wales there are and pointing out the huge number of new businesses that are being established every year. Many of these are on the Internet or using IT.

There are hundreds of ways that people can turn the country round but for those who want to ride the “Thatcher closed the Coalmines” horse, then this will probably never do,

A revolution – (from the Latin revolutio, “a turn around”) is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time. Aristotle described two types of political revolution:

Complete change from one constitution to another
    Modification of an existing constitution.
    Revolutions have occurred through human history and vary widely in terms of methods, duration, and motivating ideology. Their results include major changes in culture, economy, and socio-political institutions.

courtesy of Wikipedia.

Who mentioned the use of violence ?

I’m amazed by your remarks regarding ‘so many opportunities’.
    Why is youth unemployment through the roof then according to the UK media ?

In your role, what do you tell the youth who wants to make something ? Manufacturing, using their hands to create something.
    Do you tell tell them that manufacturing was so Yesterday, IT & call centers are the future !
    Tell that to yesterdays third world country’s, they are nowadays Pioneering everything………Why ? Because we as a nation fund far to many do gooders telling use what’s right for the country, when in reality, they know squat diddly, theoretical know it all’s !

Regarding your comment about ” Thatcher closed the coalmines “. That’s a bit narrow minded considering that your tarring a lot of people with the same brush.

I hope that tomorrow in your ‘role’ you don’t destroy someones dreams of entering what’s left of UK manufacturing, and steer them into a career of the fascinating world of call center cold calling or the dog eat dog of website shopping carts.

Finally, please , for the sake of tomorrow’s youth, before you go to work, take a big big sniff of Kenco’s finest blend. Google it !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham primary school praised for supporting disadvantaged children

News

New Hear Me! project to support deaf children and families in North East Wales

News

Wrexham Council looking for children from Armed Forces families for D-Day Anniversary Event

News

A view from Clwyd South’s Member of the Senedd

News

Calls to improve Wales’ audiology care as patients face “substantial delays”

News

Music therapist’s dementia project shortlisted for arts award 2024

News