Shops closing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Shops closing

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@angryShopper 3103 wrote:

You’ve more time on your hands that I, why don’t you do it, I’m sure it will make you feel all warm and fuzzy x

i’m not the one who had made 20 unproven accusations on this messageboard and refuses to provide any proof to them.

you’ve dodged the question again.

list of unproven accusations…

1. Polish workers in wrexham
    2. Farmers have caused him to have a puncture
    3. Minera tyres have used an airgun
    4. Minera tyres have did a bad job on his tyres
    5. Boutique shops this was how the council was planning to fill the shops when larger ‘chain stores’ located to EM
    6. Those living in estates and their command of english
    7. Those who are on a budget and shop at tescos
    8. binmen
    9. gritter drivers
    10. eagles meadow not being safe
    11. those living in council houses
    12. wales is full of steroid abusers
    13. ian lucas – only intrested in helping blondes with big breasts
    14. wrexham is a S**thole
    15. wrexhamers should be called chavscum
    16. wrexham is full of inbred scum
    17. the locals have called the spanish students, p*kis
    18. tesco staff are lazy
    19. some policeman are lazy because they park their car at the “crime free” eagles meadow.
    20. Tescos sell paintstripper masquerading as vodka and gin

wrexview
    Participant

Jessops had £800,000 worth of vouchers outstanding nationwide all now worthless. Makes more sense to give cash rather than vouchers these days or even an old fashioned cheque!

zinger
    Participant

Would they be covered if purchased with a credit card I wonder.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@zinger 3121 wrote:

Would they be covered if purchased with a credit card I wonder.

possibly. the credit cards company don’t have to pay up until the administators agree on everything with the creditors.

wrexview
    Participant

Now HMV, that makes four national chains in administration in less than a month!

Alunh
    Participant

Jessops and HMV both share similar patterns in that they were at the end of their raison d’etre. Digital scenarios as much as the overall state of the economy has knackered both businesses. Everyone I know just stores zillions of pictures on their computers. Everyone I know either has transferred some or all of their Muisc & Film to digital. Beyond this, HMV were stupid enough to move away from the obvious core market (the grey generation) and go for yoof

thewayneinspain
    Participant

HMV – Looks like the adminstrator is going down the route of ending leases (via bankruptcy protection) and closing alot of the shops soon or is at least touting that to new buyers.

all chirstmas or other gift vouchers now invalid, not exactly a move to keep long time customers.

In a way it good to see that “big corporate ships that take too long to turn” are being forced to leave the market so that if the market is still viable better leaner companies can take their market share. However, it’s sad for the empoyees and the unemployed as it’s beginning to look like a triple dip recession mean unemployment will be rising for another six to nine months. (Unemployemnt usually lags behin recessions by 6 months.)

Wrexham certainly looks like a town with worse unemployment ahead.

angryShopper
    Participant

I was thinking today, Island green is basically f**ked now, with the jessops gone and now it looks like HMV as well there are no premium brands left.

brantano (discount footwear)
    tk maxx (bargin bin ‘designer’ goods)
    ice trader? (some kinda rough food shop)
    pound land (tat shop)
    maplin (maplin was great, but the customer service / know how of the staff the last few visits seems down on what it was)
    argos (big nameexception, BUT no free parking like their 2nd store)
    asda (low end supermarket)
    wilkinson (low end DIY)

So yeah, bargin basement openair mall with pricey parking, and nothing to draw in the customers, that’s next to the empty wrexham lager site which fines people for parking and steping foot outside the area. it’s shocking, makes you wonder what it will look like in a year or so, I’m sure maplin would do well at EM, the phone shop there prolly wont be able to afford two shops long, say the same for argos, empty shell shoppig in wrexham, and yet apparently, there is only 10% vacancy in shops in wrexham, 1pt below the national avg <- can I back that up, yes wayne, wil I ? no, learn to use a search engine x

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Thought i’d stoke the fire. AngryShopper has again dodged providing any proof to the 20 unproven accusations you have made on this website.

they are…
    list of unproven accusations…

1. Polish workers in wrexham
    2. Farmers have caused him to have a puncture
    3. Minera tyres have used an airgun
    4. Minera tyres have did a bad job on his tyres
    5. Boutique shops this was how the council was planning to fill the shops when larger ‘chain stores’ located to EM
    6. Those living in estates and their command of english
    7. Those who are on a budget and shop at tescos
    8. binmen
    9. gritter drivers
    10. eagles meadow not being safe
    11. those living in council houses
    12. wales is full of steroid abusers
    13. ian lucas – only intrested in helping blondes with big breasts
    14. wrexham is a S**thole
    15. wrexhamers should be called chavscum
    16. wrexham is full of inbred scum
    17. the locals have called the spanish students, p*kis
    18. tesco staff are lazy
    19. some policeman are lazy because they park their car at the “crime free” eagles meadow.
    20. Tescos sell paintstripper masquerading as vodka and gin

angryShopper
    Participant
Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News

Senedd rejects calls to introduce for academies and free schools in Wales

News

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News