Shops closing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Shops closing

• Author

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@MadMan 5858 wrote:

Poundstretcher is opening in the town again i imagine it will be where Comet use to be considering it has been everywhere else.

Where did you hear this ?

Rondetto
    Participant

That’s news to me too, It would be good to see a big store in the old TJ Hughes site.

MadMan
    Participant

Wrexham Job Centre.

Rondetto
    Participant

Well that’s good if true, it will at least bring a few more jobs to the town.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Direkt Optik are closing and have transferred their customer list to Vision Express. Had a letter today as have used them in the past.

wxm
    Participant

If we want Wrexham to prosper and have good shops, we will have to face up to the trend across Britain, and then do something very different. All we do at present is follow the model of every other high street chain!

Rondetto
    Participant

Shoppers are not encouraged to come to Wrexham. The car parks are expensive. £2 minimum in Eagles Meadow even if you are popping into M&S or Debenhams for a few minutes. You can park in Mold for three hours for just 20p and it’s buzzing there. That speaks for itself.

Taffy
    Participant

The council run car parks are cheaper then the Eagles Meadow one. Two of them are free after12pm.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Which ones are the free ones? My neighbour asked me the other day but I couldn’t remember. Old age is killing my little grey cells!

Taffy
    Participant

People’s market and Crescent road are both free after 12pm.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News