3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Just had a reply from EE via Facebook message.

Please accept our apologies for issues with 3G data transmission in Wrexham. Please believe that fixing this highly complex fault is a priority. Our network team will make sure everything is up and running properly as quickly as they can.

Thanks,
    Jonny

Doesn’t say how long it will be before things get back to normal..

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

[IMG]EEcrop.jpg @Wrecsam_lad 13184 wrote:

Just had a reply from EE via Facebook message.

Doesn’t say how long it will be before things get back to normal..

DaveW
    Participant

I think it’s time to vote with my feet, Vodafone or even Tesco sounds a better alternative to this abyssmal EE service :mad:

rockyrobins
    Participant

@DaveW 13214 wrote:

I think it’s time to vote with my feet, Vodafone or even Tesco sounds a better alternative to this abyssmal EE service :mad:

Vodafone are currently upgrading their masts in Wrexham to improve 3g coverage

justjojo2011
    Participant

In regards to this topic, I had a message on Facebook last week telling me that my 3G was not going to improve and I should call 150 to discuss options. As far as I could see, there were 2 viable options, upgrade my phone to a suitable handset to receive 4G (which doesn’t exist yet in Wrexham) or cancel my contract without charge to myself.

I called Orange, went round in circles with technical support, who tried to go through troubleshooting, then wanted to send me a signal box, then offered to escalate the complaint to a manager who would call me back in 4 days time. I demanded to speak to a manager, one wasn’t available, he put me through to the UK team. They bent over backwards, accepted liability and cancelled my contract and gave me a PAC code there and then.

rockyrobins
    Participant

@justjojo2011 13218 wrote:

In regards to this topic, I had a message on Facebook last week telling me that my 3G was not going to improve and I should call 150 to discuss options. As far as I could see, there were 2 viable options, upgrade my phone to a suitable handset to receive 4G (which doesn’t exist yet in Wrexham) or cancel my contract without charge to myself.

I called Orange, went round in circles with technical support, who tried to go through troubleshooting, then wanted to send me a signal box, then offered to escalate the complaint to a manager who would call me back in 4 days time. I demanded to speak to a manager, one wasn’t available, he put me through to the UK team. They bent over backwards, accepted liability and cancelled my contract and gave me a PAC code there and then.

Proof that they have switched off a mast in the town centre, why do they lie saying there is a fault on the mast
    And just string their customers along?

justjojo2011
    Participant

I wish I knew, I really do. This was part of my argument. It seems that the people who handle the main customer services in India, just don’t seem to know anything about our culture (according to Orange) and as thus tend to lead people off with specific lines that unfortunately they seem to be told to give. Like most call centre staff, they have specific lists to work from and if your problem doesn’t fall into that list, they don’t know what to do.

But, my contract was cancelled and I was given a PAC Code on Wednesday and started my new contract with o2 on Wednesday. If needed, I can screen shot the message I was sent by Orange.

@rockyrobins 13227 wrote:

Proof that they have switched off a mast in the town centre, why do they lie saying there is a fault on the mast
    And just string their customers along?

Darlofan
    Participant

@justjojo2011 13231 wrote:

I wish I knew, I really do. This was part of my argument. It seems that the people who handle the main customer services in India, just don’t seem to know anything about our culture (according to Orange) and as thus tend to lead people off with specific lines that unfortunately they seem to be told to give. Like most call centre staff, they have specific lists to work from and if your problem doesn’t fall into that list, they don’t know what to do.

But, my contract was cancelled and I was given a PAC Code on Wednesday and started my new contract with o2 on Wednesday. If needed, I can screen shot the message I was sent by Orange.

Good luck with 02 they’re all as bad as each other.

Danielkg
    Participant

I was pleasantly surprised to find 3G service on O2 was better today in town; unsure if it was a one-off or a sign of improvement

Ferret
    Participant

@Darlofan 13246 wrote:

Good luck with 02 they’re all as bad as each other.

I’m on 02 and everything was good until I upgraded to the latest Samsung Galaxy. So a case of A1 02 3G B4 S5.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News