3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

harry
    Participant

@rockyrobins 13847 wrote:

The facts are that 3g coverage in Wrexham town centre for Orange/T-mobile now EE used to be okay until February it is now abysmal, countless people have reported the problem to them but they keep fobbing people like yourself off with bullshit about fitting a new mast or pretending to look into an issue, a new mast would clearly need planning permission just like what Vodafone and O2 have applied for to swap out their masts in the area. Just google EE switching masts off and you will a common theme up and down the UK

Exactly, you can no longer use the internet on EE in eagles meadow, the high st, island green etc. Its totally unacceptable. The EE exc office ARE aware of this as they have given me 25% off my bill until the ‘mast is fixed’, however given the my contract with them ends next month I think it was more to shut me up probably thinking i will leave the network then.

I do believe they have switched off a mast, as the coverage is still 5 bars so their coverage checker is still correct, but the remaining mast(s) cant cope and are over loaded. When I use 3G data at say 7am its fast (speed test results of around 5Meg down) but soon as the town starts to fill up with workers and shoppers it just doesnt work at all.

During the day I have to switch data off because the battery on my phone drains so fast as its trying to send/rec data, update the weather etc but it cant!

6 months plus and still to have this problem is just not on. The next step I feel is to go to ofcom.

The only way I got any info from EE was to email all these chief execs in one email, I suggest others do the same, we might get somewhere!

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

WelshEvertonian
    Participant

Similar problem for me. I’m on the Tesco network, which runs off o2, but still pretty shabby. Any news when 4G will be gracing Wrexham?

DaveW
    Participant

Enough is enough with EE or Tmobile. Just told them to stick their account where the sun doesn’t shine as I’m fed up with not getting any service in town centre and no response from EE.

:(:(:(

Rob
    Participant

It would be good if the Council could also follow this up with mobile companies, I have now heard of two traders where it is affecting their commerce / ability to trade in town.

This is not on a huge scale, however with High St / Markets a blackspot as with most of the town those who use 3G and similar dongles are unable to send/receive emails.

DaHorse
    Participant

@harry 13853 wrote:

(…)
    The only way I got any info from EE was to email all these chief execs in one email, I suggest others do the same, we might get somewhere!

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

I have done exactly that: sent an email to these people, what I suggest is that ALL of us do the same! You are welcome to copy my text, change it if you like… Copy addresses from above, text from below and send an email – takes two minutes, and maybe we will make them act!!

Quote:
    Hi,

I believe the four of You are people that can answer my question. It isn’t actually only mine questions, hundreds of EE/Orange/T-Mobile and other networks in Wrexham are wondering what is the mysterious problem that everyone can see, including your franchised shops employees. As this Wrexham.com forum thread shows:

https://www.wrexham.com/forums/wrexham-surrounding-area-forum/1155-3g-coverage.html

And also this recent article:

Wrexham’s Mobile Network Issues Continue | Wrexham.com

Please read both throughout before you give me an answer saying “we are not aware of any ongoing issues”, which is what I hear every time when I call 150 and try to find out what is going on. And please don’t insult my intelligence by telling me to “log at least three instances an hour apart” which is another thing customer support comes up with.

For months now we are virtually unable to use data connectivity in town center. Surely upgrading to 4G shouldn’t take this long (this is what we’re being told in EE/O2 shops).

Please shed some light on the matter, this is the least you can do for your customer.

Regards, Bart.

sparky1
    Participant

just done the same thanks

QUOTE=DaHorse;13987]I have done exactly that: sent an email to these people, what I suggest is that ALL of us do the same! You are welcome to copy my text, change it if you like… Copy addresses from above, text from below and send an email – takes two minutes, and maybe we will make them act!!

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@sparky1 13994 wrote:

just done the same thanks

QUOTE=DaHorse;13987]I have done exactly that: sent an email to these people, what I suggest is that ALL of us do the same! You are welcome to copy my text, change it if you like… Copy addresses from above, text from below and send an email – takes two minutes, and maybe we will make them act!!

When I try to send an email to those guys I get it returned undelivered

sparky1
    Participant

[email protected]
    this email keeps coming back

DaHorse
    Participant

Correct, this one bounced back to mew too…

I will remove he’s address from the list.

Correction – I can not edit that post anymore – if MOD can, please remove [email protected] from post #135

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@sparky1 13996 wrote:

[email protected]
    this email keeps coming back

That’s the problem

This is the mail delivery agent at messagelabs.com.

I was unable to deliver your message to the following addresses:

[email protected]

Reason: 550 Rule imposed mailbox access for [email protected] refused: user
    invalid

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News