3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

seaneb
    Participant

I see this topic has finally reached parliament.
    Unfortunately the latest, hot-off-the-press data that Ofcom are using to inform the government of the situation is a year old.
    However, its worth noting that even then the results are among the lowest available, and that was before the problems we have experienced this year.
    Maybe local businesses could form a lobby group and invite Ian Lucas to a meeting to explain why we are having to put up with such terrible service from the phone companies and to answer questions about how he can help and why we are BEING IGNORED!!!!!!

imseeingred
    Participant

Very hit and miss in Wrexham, but lately even in Johnstown. Getting really fed up now. Have spoken to EE and they say that there are masts down and some being worked on. BTW it has been gong on much longer than April 2014 as stated previously. It is also very hit and miss whether EE decide to compensate for lack of service. Seriously considering another provider, but it seems that they are all as bad as each other

harry
    Participant

Saturday afternoon in town it took me 8 (yes EIGHT) attempts to place a call on EE, just kept getting the network busy tone. Can’t believe a year later this is still going on, it’s an f-ing joke!

justjojo2011
    Participant

My issues with EE/Orange started in January 2014, right after a falling out with them over spam texts and their inability to accurately deal with then. Between January 2014 and May 2014, I was given alsorts of excuses… its your sim card, we’ll send you a new sim. It’s your phone, contact Apple, the mast is broke, it’s being fixed right now. The mast isn’t good enough so we’re erecting a new one in 2 weeks time and the all time favourite, but there aren’t any problems in your area so maybe you’re phone is faulty?

Took me 5 months to get to the point where they were in breach of contract and were told this and allowed me out of my contract free of charge. O2? No better. Vodafone however, is great. Always have a signal. Always have 3g. Can’t complain.

However, it is well worth noting that this issue isn’t specific to Wrexham but is actually national. I have family in Birmingham who cannot take or accept a call without hanging out of a bedroom window and they are on EE. Worse still, it’s my partners parents and they are both pensioners, with his mother having the capability of falling out of said window and breaking something. EE don’t care. They never have and they never will

Sheefag
    Participant

The aged, Birmingham abseilers, have they considered a landline?

justjojo2011
    Participant

Not everyone wants a landline. Maybe you should have a landline and use that rather than whinging about your signal?

@Sheefag 18676 wrote:

The aged, Birmingham abseilers, have they considered a landline?

Sheefag
    Participant

Nowt wrong with my signal, never said there was.
    Maybe you are BLINDED BY ANGER.

JasonBellisJones
    Participant

I am with TalkTalk and can’t get 3G in Llay, sometimes I even have to walk into the garden just to get a mobile signal

Andy
    Participant

Talktalk is a Vodaphone re-seller which has poor reception in parts of Wrexham.

Captain C
    Participant

Vodafone has superb reception in Llay as far as I’m concerned.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News