3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

harry
    Participant

Still rubbish signal and data.

CapnBilly
    Participant

I have recently moved into the area (I live in Holt). When I moved I had a GIffgaff sim card, which uses the O2 network. It was okay, but the signals were pretty poor, and hardly any internet in either Holt or the town. So I swapped to Vodafone, which was even worse. I’d had enough after a week. So I ordered a 3 sim card which arrived on Saturday. This was my reading on insertion using Speedtest.net.

Download 23.38mps. Upload 3.81mps This was upstairs at my house.
    Downstairs was about 14mps download

This was with an Iphone 5 with 4G enabled, but was pretty much the same when I disabled it.

This is much better than expected.I haven’t tried in town yet. .

Andy
    Participant

Hi. Town Centre is useless. Outside of the centre data is ok.

seaneb
    Participant

Well I went to the EE shop in Eagles Meadow at the weekend and asked why I can’t get 3G in town. He seemed to know what I was asking him before I’d even finished so I think he had been asked the same question more than a few times that day.
    His answer was that a mast that covers Wrexham town centre has be inoperative and it had been reported and it’s now a case of waiting for engineers to fix it.
    I asked him whether it was true that 4G in Wrexham was imminent. He didn’t want to reply, but when pushed he suggested that it should be before Christmas this year.

Danielkg
    Participant

Each time I log a problem on the O2 network iPhone app they call me to discuss it. She said I raise it a few times and that the more it’s raised the more it’s looked into. She said if more people raised problems more often it would become a critical issue.

So, if you’re on O2 and have an iPhone please do it regularly

rockyrobins
    Participant

@seaneb 13079 wrote:

Well I went to the EE shop in Eagles Meadow at the weekend and asked why I can’t get 3G in town. He seemed to know what I was asking him before I’d even finished so I think he had been asked the same question more than a few times that day.
    His answer was that a mast that covers Wrexham town centre has be inoperative and it had been reported and it’s now a case of waiting for engineers to fix it.
    I asked him whether it was true that 4G in Wrexham was imminent. He didn’t want to reply, but when pushed he suggested that it should be before Christmas this year.

I suspect the mast in question has been decommissioned rather than inoperative, i suspect they have switched off the orange mast and are just using the T- mobile mast in the town centre hence why the signal is good but the 3g is very slow as there is not enough bandwith to cope with the amount of users. If that is the case do not expect any improvement until they upgrade to 4g which is a long way off.

Two pence worth
    Participant

EE/Orange have to ring and ask for the device management team to escalate the problem, you can negotiate money off your bill (use that as your incentive and the mast will get repaired or replaced) As already stated the more people that contact, the sooner something will be done. The problem is it seems some people wait for others to do it on their behalf, that way nothing gets done, it seems simpler to moan (i don’t mean any malice with that comment) we all need to contact thats all.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Two pence worth 13168 wrote:

EE/Orange have to ring and ask for the device management team to escalate the problem, you can negotiate money off your bill (use that as your incentive and the mast will get repaired or replaced) As already stated the more people that contact, the sooner something will be done. The problem is it seems some people wait for others to do it on their behalf, that way nothing gets done, it seems simpler to moan (i don’t mean any malice with that comment) we all need to contact thats all.

I’d have thought with modern technology the phone masts/cells would feed back any issues, and wouldn’t EE/Orange notice a drop in traffic from a problematic mast.?

Two pence worth
    Participant

I completely agree with you, however they are not fulfilling their side of the contract, because the majority of us’ in their eyes seem to think it is acceptable because we haven’t complained. My honest opinion is that it is down to the consumer and the amount of complaints received before it will become priority. In reality these companies make millions and millions from people like ourselves think of all the phone contracts in this area alone, yet there are some people who sit back and accept what is NOT an acceptable level of service, waiting for it to be resolved. One or two voices don’t get heard, however if everyone who was affected complained DIRECT and not through the shop (as it my humble opinion that although sympathetic the call is not logged at EE device management or whoever the provider is customer services then the fault, complaint isn’t registered) Sorry for the rant but i find it frustrating especially when you rely on the phone .

Two pence worth
    Participant

The drop in traffic may affect there profit margins, as the people in wrexham are struggling to use any data. Maybe that is why there is no rush to fix the problem.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Take photo ID and GO VOTE for the next Police and Crime Commissioner

News

Plans for major expansion of Wrexham Industrial Estate to go ahead despite concerns

News

Plans to turn former shop and office space above takeaway into new flats

News

Funding secured to create purpose-built North East Wales Archive

News

Summer’s Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod is “going to better than ever”, says Clwyd South MS

News

North Wales calls reiterates campaign to reinstate Llandegla and Tweedmill bus routes

News