3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

justjojo2011
    Participant

As an Orange customer, I have been having problems with my 3G for months and have spent months on the phone being fobbed off. But then this is the network that tells you to reply “stop” to spam text messages.

I have been told I have to turn my phone off once a day because it’s an Iphone, only I have to do it 4 or 5 times a day in order for my 3G to load anything. I’ve been sent a new sim card and told that will fix it but it doesn’t. I’ve also been told that a mast in my area was shut down in January and that could explain the problems.

The most recent call I made this week resulted in me being told that a new 2G/3G mast was being erected within 15 days (was a couple of days ago now so more like 13) and my 3G would be amazing after that. It didn’t seen to occur to them that the issue is EVERYWHERE. I did get 50% off my next bill mind you but I can’t see the issue improving.

Orange/EE have a habit of ignoring and denying the facts that are presented to them and there is always something else to blame… I was told over Facebook to go to the Apple shop as it was my phone at fault.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

3G on EE/Orange in Wrexham is awful, I get a full 3G signal (3G logo showing) but it won’t download any data…

Taffy
    Participant

3G wouldn’t work for me in Acton yesterday! Never had it and very unlikely to get it at home in Minera. Orange/EE not interested when you contact them about it!

petethesparky
    Participant

I’m on Orange/Tmob and over the last couple of weeks I’ve been getting a good HSDPA signal but no data flow, usually in the mornings. Before that it has been great with no downtime whatsoever for the last year or so.

What sometimes works for me is putting the phone into ‘Airplane’ mode (spelling intentional), waiting for a few seconds, then putting it back into normal mode. This forces the phone to re-register on the network and often solves the problem.

I have heard rumours that the networks are slowly downgrading their 3G networks in order to ‘nudge’ people over to 4G. The trouble with that is, 4G is quite a bit more expensive right now, and the hardware in a lot of current handsets isn’t 4G compatible.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Matbe helpful to EE/Orange/Tmobile customers Make a Complaint | EE Complaints | EE | T-Mobile UK | Orange UK

Andy
    Participant

EE Spokesperson
    “engineers have attended sites in the area, and performance has now improved”

No it hasn’t!!!

harry
    Participant

@Andy 12880 wrote:

EE Spokesperson
    “engineers have attended sites in the area, and performance has now improved”

No it hasn’t!!!

Its lies, as Tmobile told me yesterday that there is/has been no issues. Today the 3G i srubbish still, webpages wont laod and when sending messages on whatsapp its pending all the time:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wrexham.com can you chase it up again??

harry
    Participant

Just emailed the chief exc of EE [email protected] I suggest others on tmobile/orange/EE do the same, they might take notice then!

morri58
    Participant

Signal in part of Hightown dreadful on both o2 & EE. You have to move around the house to try to get a signal never mind 3G, & You often get cut off during calls, very poor.

justjojo2011
    Participant

That’s what I have to do. Although before EE took over, I could sit in the same spot but not anymore. Again, they just don’t care

@morri58 12889 wrote:

Signal in part of Hightown dreadful on both o2 & EE. You have to move around the house to try to get a signal never mind 3G, & You often get cut off during calls, very poor.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News