The Real China – The Review

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Real China – The Review

• Author

Chris
    Participant

@WelshAlien 6831 wrote:

They should be forced to display the score so we can make an informed decision to eat there and not wait to read it from the web. Hopefully now more people know of the score it might encourage standards to be raised

@NJones 6840 wrote:

As the system is supposed to show the public the quality of conditions and therefore the managements interest in making sure they serve food of a suitable standard, why is the system not set so display of ratings is compulsory?

Vote with your feet people- and let your opinions be known. I’d be happy for any establishment who can’t be bothered to meet reasonable standards to be shut down.

Will be compulsory to display in Wales later this year (note to my self check date) £250 on the spot fine for not displaying.

Chris
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 6823 wrote:

It would be interesting to know if the other restaurants in the chain have the same rating or if it’s just the staff in the Wrexham branch.

I’m afraid its not good reading

Food Standards Agency – Search for food hygiene ratings

I have no idea if they are all the same chain but 5 out of 21 “Real China’s” rate 1 or less.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Chris 6856 wrote:

I’m afraid its not good reading

Food Standards Agency – Search for food hygiene ratings

I have no idea if they are all the same chain but 5 out of 21 “Real China’s” rate 1 or less.

That’s very bad…

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

It shows a complete disregard for the paying publics wellbeing. I will not be going there unless they clean up their act (pardon the pun)

lazyjack
    Participant

If the officer finds that a business’s hygiene standards are very poor and there is an imminent risk to health – this means food is not safe to eat – the officer must take action to make sure that consumers are protected. This could mean prohibiting part of an operation or closing the business down.

How bad does a place have to be to get closed down ? You can’t get any lower than zero !

GasMan
    Participant

I knew this place would turn out to be a complete dump the second time we went, the first we let off because it was new, the standards are far to low, the staff don’t care and it now transpires the place is rotten at the core.

I am so glad about that law coming into force, in regards food hygiene ratings being compulsory to display.

Fongs Garden = 5
    Sleepy Panda = 4
    Eastern Sheraton = 3
    Ko Sing = 3
    A Taste Of India = 2
    Eastern Touch = 1
    Anise = 5

I am so glad the chinese and indian, i use most (and only for the time being) are a 5

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@GasMan 6872 wrote:

I knew this place would turn out to be a complete dump the second time we went, the first we let off because it was new, the standards are far to low, the staff don’t care and it now transpires the place is rotten at the core.

I am so glad about that law coming into force, in regards food hygiene ratings being compulsory to display.

Fongs Garden = 5
    Sleepy Panda = 4
    Eastern Sheraton = 3
    Ko Sing = 3
    A Taste Of India = 2
    Eastern Touch = 1
    Anise = 5

I am so glad the chinese and indian, i use most (and only for the time being) are a 5

My local Chinese, Hong Kong House, has a 5, I think I will stick with them…

jamiewxm1980
    Participant

I rang the food hygiene department at the council today and was told that as long as buffet style food is served at the correct temp, when 1st dished out , it can be left to cool for up to 2 hours then must be replaced, find that a bit shocking .but that’s the law, Wrexham council are very aware of the real china with the flurry of complaints that are constantly getting reported, all in all it sounds like that customers are just not going to return there and it will eventually close, don’t like to see anyone fail but in this instance they deserve all they get

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

If it’s half as bad as everyone says it’s a health risk. The company will have to raise it’s standards or be closed. The choice is theirs to make. I would hate to see anyone made redundant but the public come first.

Darlofan
    Participant

@jamiewxm1980 6897 wrote:

I rang the food hygiene department at the council today and was told that as long as buffet style food is served at the correct temp, when 1st dished out , it can be left to cool for up to 2 hours then must be replaced, find that a bit shocking .but that’s the law, Wrexham council are very aware of the real china with the flurry of complaints that are constantly getting reported, all in all it sounds like that customers are just not going to return there and it will eventually close, don’t like to see anyone fail but in this instance they deserve all they get

Up to 2 hours as long as it doesn’t drop below 63c.Below that temp bacteria start to multiply. Working in the food industry I see all sorts and the general public would be shocked as to what food businesses can get away with and still be allowed to trade. For a business to get a 0rating is appalling enough but to be allowed to stay open is even worse. Even worse for Real China as it is a new site and part of the rating is made up of condition and structure of the building. Being a new site recently opened it should have received a 1rating easily for the structure!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘The Real China – The Review’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Crafting Your Dream Home: Expert Tips for Designing Your Swindon Sanctuary

News

New ‘walking food tour’ of Wrexham set to launch this summer

News

Council Leader would support Rob & Ryan’s 55k seater Racecourse ambition

News

Wrexham woman pays tribute to ambulance crew for life-saving intervention

News

Coffee shop plans for former city centre building society

News

Wrexham MP welcomes mental health funding to tackle repeat offending