The Real China – The Review

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Real China – The Review

• Author

docksboy
    Participant

Did The Real China pay for the wrexham.com review?

I went on Sunday lunchtime and it was absolutely terrible. Dishes were of very poor quality, some not cooked properly and everything was lukewarm. It was quite possibly the worst Chinese meal I have ever had. If you really think it’s on the scale of Sleepy Panda then you really must eat out more.

Also, I noticed wrexham.com paid £5.95 each for lunch, well, we were told that this was incorrect and the sign would have to be changed, we were charged £9.95 each.

Please everyone, avoid this place, unless you like poor quality, out of a bag food, and a very real possibility of food poisoning as it is so poorly cooked.

Wrexham.com edit: Here is a link to the review mentioned above https://www.wrexham.com/reviews/real-china-wrexham-review-30996.html

Rob
    Participant

I co-wrote the review, and no they did not pay for it nor were they even aware it was being done. It was not planned , infact 5 mins notice as we were weighing up where to go :)

Did you complain, and what did they say / do about the complaint?

Rob
    Participant

@docksboy 5693 wrote:

I went on Sunday lunchtime

Also, I noticed wrexham.com paid £5.95 each for lunch, well, we were told that this was incorrect and the sign would have to be changed, we were charged £9.95 each.
    [/quote]

Just fished out their card which has pricing on it, Sundays are stated as £9.95 all day on that so that is consistent.

Weekend and evening pricing are higher than the lunch buffets – however if the display ads are not clear on that then would expect thats why they need to change them :)

Alunh
    Participant

Went today; it was absolutely excellent value

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@Alunh 5715 wrote:

Went today; it was absolutely excellent value

What was the food like?

Alunh
    Participant

I thought it was excellent. There was a constant stream of different stuff coming out and it was very varied. The soup was tasty, there were plenty of meat and fish choices and there were loads of different vegetables and savoury stuff to whet the appetite. What surprised me was that the ice cream was really good quality. Of course, if you’re looking for paint a plate high brow stuff, this place won’t be for you, but if you’re looking at real value and variety it will be. I had a soup starter, two main meals and a sweet course for £5.99 (which is crazy really)

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

When you consider the price of a sandwich meal deal it does seem good value. On my next week day off, once in a blue moon, I might drag my other half there.

beedar
    Participant

I went with a mate yesterday afternoon after cinema senior screen, had a bowl of soup and two big plates of various dishes that included crispy pork and pancakes. Also two large glasses of draught vimto. Total cost £8.15 which I thought was great value

thewayneinspain
    Participant

When you consider that the family behind the sleepy panda have been around in wrexham since the 70s and therefore local owned, I hope they will recieve a review soon.

They used to treat me like a little prince when i was a little 5 year old going into the slowboat on ruabon road.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I used to frequent the Sleepy Panda quite regularly especially on special occassions. Even though it is a bit pricy the food was always good. When the recession hit I had to make cuts and now go to cheaper alternatives. It’s a case of pay the every increasing fuel bills first I’m afraid.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘The Real China – The Review’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News