The Real China – The Review

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Real China – The Review

• Author

jamiewxm1980
    Participant

what a shocking experience me and my wife have just had, starters ,,,,,,we went for the chicken and sweetcorn soup, there was just no taste, so smothered it in salt and pepper, then we tried the duck, both thought it was very poor, then our mains beef in black bean and rice , I have never tasted anything like it ,,terrible ,just rubbish, and all the food is not HOT just WARM,, , the best things we enjoyed were the ice cream and grapes, as we went to pay I politely told the person taking the bill we were very disappointed, and didn’t go in to great depth but told him we found the food warm, he replied to me and asked why, which I said I cant answer that as I don’t work here , he replied well its hot when we first put it out but as its a buffet it wll go LUKE WARM,,,,,, as its American style buffet , im still shocked at this point on what ive just been told by the worker there ,we paid our bill and left very disappointed worst Chinese buffet I have ever had, as for luke warm, the one at the bus station is great and hot , oh well sleepy panda and eastern Sheraton have not got any thing to worry about, I think we saved ourselves around ten pound going to the real china, never again, id rather pay that little extra and eat hot quality food .

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

If it’s a hot buffet it should be kept hot. Everywhere I have been that serves hot buffet has heated compartments to hold the food. That is a very poor excuse. Put your complaint in writing and send it to their Head Office. We British don’t complain enough.

jamiewxm1980
    Participant

that’s an idea think we will do that , we are not fussy when it comes to food and will eat from any were in wrexham , but I will never step foot in there again, so disappointed, the bill came to £29 pound for an extra £10 we could of gone to the sleepy panda or eastern Sheraton,

Chris
    Participant

erm always worth checking its hygiene rating Real China 0 stars – hence undercooked & lukewarm food. Might be worth contacting a council EHO as it seems risky.

Food Standards Agency – Search for food hygiene ratings

Audit was on 30th April

Chris
    Participant

Just had a look and there are only two food businesses in the area with 0 rating

lazyjack
    Participant

@Chris 6805 wrote:

Just had a look and there are only two food businesses in the area with 0 rating

Why do the council let these businesses with zero rating continue to trade ? Are they waiting for another food poisoning incident like the place in Llay where a lady was close to losing her life (if I remember correctly) ?

To me, if you get zero, the council should close the place immediately, it’s simply not acceptable. Hundreds of people per week are risking their health going to this place.

Rob
    Participant

Makes you feel a little queasy after seeing a rating of zero and having eaten there.

Chris
    Participant

@lazyjack 6807 wrote:

Why do the council let these businesses with zero rating continue to trade ? Are they waiting for another food poisoning incident like the place in Llay where a lady was close to losing her life (if I remember correctly) ?

To me, if you get zero, the council should close the place immediately, it’s simply not acceptable. Hundreds of people per week are risking their health going to this place.

Unfortunately its not that straight forward, I think they have to see something really serious to execute a prohibition notice which then has to be authorised by a magistrate. (not 100% on this)

Wrexham EHO’s try to educate and improve rather than just shut down businesses which make a change from most bureaucrats.

wrexview
    Participant

A newly fitted out restaurant , in a new building scores 0!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

It would be interesting to know if the other restaurants in the chain have the same rating or if it’s just the staff in the Wrexham branch.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘The Real China – The Review’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Landmark reforms which will increase number of politicians in Senedd get go-ahead

News

Chester Zoo’s gastro pub extends opening hours due to demand

News

Local autism charity announces return of popular Summer Fete

News

Crafting Your Dream Home: Expert Tips for Designing Your Swindon Sanctuary

News

New ‘walking food tour’ of Wrexham set to launch this summer

News

Council Leader would support Rob & Ryan’s 55k seater Racecourse ambition

News