Shops closing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Shops closing

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I walk around Wrexham alone and have rarely been harrased by drunks but was once asked out by an inebriated man with two walking sticks who must have been around 80 years old!
    I did once come across two drunk foreign gentlemen, one was upchucking quite copiously and his friend was apologising and explained to me his friend was feeling unwell. From the smell I think cheap vodka might have had something to do with it. I gave him a mint!

angryShopper
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 3671 wrote:

I walk around Wrexham alone and have rarely been harrased by drunks but was once asked out by an inebriated man with two walking sticks who must have been around 80 years old!
    I did once come across two drunk foreign gentlemen, one was upchucking quite copiously and his friend was apologising and explained to me his friend was feeling unwell. From the smell I think cheap vodka might have had something to do with it. I gave him a mint!

Cleaning up wrexham one mint at a time! I love it !

angryShopper
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3669 wrote:

In my six weeks hme, i must say there are a lot less tramps and druggies in the town than six months, a year or two years ago. I also saw more of a police presence of real bobbies rather than straw’s specials. It is alot worse in other places i visited such as manchester, ellesmere port, mold, birmingham, shrewsbury and chester plus others. And if anyone thinks there is a tramp or petty crime problem come to barcelona where there are 50 to 100 theft crimes in the old city every day (not that it bothers me.)

I was with a group of about 6 people, ages 16 – 26 walking around wrexham and these drunk bums really seem to shake up some of the younger people. they are not used to it.

speaking of manchester, if there is a bum near the uni, the shops or a popular night spot, you mention it to a cop and they send a van and remove them , vagrancy is still a crime, as is drunk on a public highway, as it affray. and u don’t even have to call the police, they are out in force, a friend and I where given abuse at 10am in a manchester carpark for not givng vodka money to two such bums, I called the police, they were removed, to where I don’t know, but a call to the police in wrexham doesn’t get fast results, if any, I imagine it’s a budget issuse

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3692 wrote:
    I was with a group of about 6 people, ages 16 – 26 walking around wrexham and these drunk bums really seem to shake up some of the younger people. they are not used to it.

speaking of manchester, if there is a bum near the uni, the shops or a popular night spot, you mention it to a cop and they send a van and remove them , vagrancy is still a crime, as is drunk on a public highway, as it affray. and u don’t even have to call the police, they are out in force, a friend and I where given abuse at 10am in a manchester carpark for not givng vodka money to two such bums, I called the police, they were removed, to where I don’t know, but a call to the police in wrexham doesn’t get fast results, if any, I imagine it’s a budget issuse

i’ll be honest, don’t believe any of the above.

I also note that you again failed to say what are you going to do to make wrexham better? I guess you are too much of lazy bum to do that?

angryShopper
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 3695 wrote:

i’ll be honest, don’t believe any of the above.

I also note that you again failed to say what are you going to do to make wrexham better? I guess you are too much of lazy bum to do that?

You want me to outline a plan to improve wrexham… OK here goes.

1. Stop waiting council money changing speed limits on all the 60mph B roads around the area, the sign-age, planning, extra main work, etc,

2. stop paying the G4S fake police car to drive laps around the area each night and rely on the police in the area, (cutting their funding if they fail to protect whatever it is G4 are looking after)

3. Take the savings from step 1 and step 2 to increase youth schemes in the area, boost communities with advice / support / training, I know people without bank accounts on queens park who have no idea how money changes hand, other than a benifit payment at the post ofice their parents get, and that is a sad state! (this education teaches them to demand more in terms of value and customer service, this will drive trade in the area, and cut crime)

4. The shops in town, well we’ve got too much realeaste. if we moved the laywers, and DWP and whoever else is on grovsner road into regent street, will can re popuate regent street, and widen grovsner road into a 4 lane link road to tesco / asda stopping more of the grid lock into this place, reducing the stress of going shoppping in wrexham.

5. Once we’ve got that extra capacity in the roads, and hopefully moretrade, we can use that increased cash to work on more and more support for those in the town who need it, via affordable housing, education etc, and if people still want to drink and stumble around the place, I believe were building a prison soon enough, There is no excuse to be homeless in this day and age, all the help is there, it’s a choice I think, I know many of these peoplehave mental health issuses and it’s very sad, but when tramps travel to wrexham because it’s an easier ride than liverpool or chester, (in that they are not moved on) something it wrong.

6. While where on the roads, and the real estate issue, we need to move the police and fire depos,either has a really decent road out, the police station is no longer fit for purpose, and the firehouse in town is penning in, there’s HUGE empty lots on the wrexham larger site, which could be convered I’m sure.

7. once step 6 is complete (creating building work for local firms,) we can pull down the police station, it’s a blight, I would suggest using it to build a large semi coverd public area for activies such as scooter riders, bmx, skateboards, etc, somewhere for people to kick a ball about, seeing as the field by the libaray has a by law on it phohibiting any sort of fun, including ball kicking

^ THIS and hell if it doesn’t work, at least we will have a town you can drive around easily, park easily, go and hang out and play without complaints, and less kids bored of there minds, creating arson and a need for g4 to paint there audi like a cop car.

Step 8…. The rents are so high on shops, they have one bad month and they go under, the reason rent isn’t droped is that, if the rental value falls the property value falls, and the private owners don’t want this, soultion, the council buys the shops for the people of wrexham, and offers them at a reduced rate so long as it’s enough to cover repayment on the cost of purchase

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I have no idea if any of your thoughts are feasable but there are listed buildings on Grosvenor Road which we should keep intact. Too much of Wrexhams’ heritage has already been lost to redevelopment.

Sam
    Participant

@angryShopper 3699 wrote:

1. Stop waiting council money changing speed limits on all the 60mph B roads around the area, the sign-age, planning, extra main work, etc,

2. stop paying the G4S fake police car to drive laps around the area each night and rely on the police in the area, (cutting their funding if they fail to protect whatever it is G4 are looking after)

3. Take the savings from step 1 and step 2 to increase youth schemes in the area, boost communities with advice / support / training, I know people without bank accounts on queens park who have no idea how money changes hand, other than a benifit payment at the post ofice their parents get, and that is a sad state! (this education teaches them to demand more in terms of value and customer service, this will drive trade in the area, and cut crime)

4. The shops in town, well we’ve got too much realeaste. if we moved the laywers, and DWP and whoever else is on grovsner road into regent street, will can re popuate regent street, and widen grovsner road into a 4 lane link road to tesco / asda stopping more of the grid lock into this place, reducing the stress of going shoppping in wrexham.

5. Once we’ve got that extra capacity in the roads, and hopefully moretrade, we can use that increased cash to work on more and more support for those in the town who need it, via affordable housing, education etc, and if people still want to drink and stumble around the place, I believe were building a prison soon enough, There is no excuse to be homeless in this day and age, all the help is there, it’s a choice I think, I know many of these peoplehave mental health issuses and it’s very sad, but when tramps travel to wrexham because it’s an easier ride than liverpool or chester, (in that they are not moved on) something it wrong.

6. While where on the roads, and the real estate issue, we need to move the police and fire depos,either has a really decent road out, the police station is no longer fit for purpose, and the firehouse in town is penning in, there’s HUGE empty lots on the wrexham larger site, which could be convered I’m sure.

7. once step 6 is complete (creating building work for local firms,) we can pull down the police station, it’s a blight, I would suggest using it to build a large semi coverd public area for activies such as scooter riders, bmx, skateboards, etc, somewhere for people to kick a ball about, seeing as the field by the libaray has a by law on it phohibiting any sort of fun, including ball kicking

^ THIS and hell if it doesn’t work, at least we will have a town you can drive around easily, park easily, go and hang out and play without complaints, and less kids bored of there minds, creating arson and a need for g4 to paint there audi like a cop car.

Step 8…. The rents are so high on shops, they have one bad month and they go under, the reason rent isn’t droped is that, if the rental value falls the property value falls, and the private owners don’t want this, soultion, the council buys the shops for the people of wrexham, and offers them at a reduced rate so long as it’s enough to cover repayment on the cost of purchase

Wow, that’s about 75 million quid you’ve spent and upped everyone’s tax bill by 10%.

Whilst I’m not disagreeing with some of your points, a balance between thrifty spending and results must be shown to the public, allegedly !

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    angryShopper;3699 wrote:

sorry that’s being lazy. I asked you what are YOU going to do to make it better.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Can one person make a difference? I have always tried to treat others as I wish to be treated and it’s made not one iota of difference.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Welsh Dresser;3715 wrote:
    Can one person make a difference? I have always tried to treat others as I wish to be treated and it’s made not one iota of difference.

yes. But the difference is greater when there is collaboration.

I always remember a psychology study were scientists dressed up and pretended to have heart attacks on buses, but no bystanders helped. They came to the conclusion that everyone wanted to help but were waiting for someone else to make the first move.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News