Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Captain C
    Participant

Odd thing today. When the planning office was contacted today they stated that the application was not complete and therefore could not be processed at the moment.

This evening the application has been lifted from the council web site, strange.

Sheefag
    Participant

My experience of the Wrexham area from many years ago was that strangers were clearly MOST unwelcome.
    Objections to this and other developments are sad, blinkered and completely predictable.

Increased footfall in the Pub, two clubs and the small shops and businesses of Llay, employment opportunities for local trades and not to mention an extra inch or two in the local gene pool – what’s not to like?

Liam
    Participant

@Sheefag 17098 wrote:

My experience of the Wrexham area from many years ago was that strangers were clearly MOST unwelcome.
    Objections to this and other developments are sad, blinkered and completely predictable.

Increased footfall in the Pub, two clubs and the small shops and businesses of Llay, employment opportunities for local trades and not to mention an extra inch or two in the local gene pool – what’s not to like?

Insulting the people of Wrexham AND Llay? Not sure this is the forum for you.

zinger
    Participant

Round 2!!!

Saxon1
    Participant

Everybody really needs to look at the detail.
    It seems also that they are going to quarry the land first before they even start building, if I am not mistaken. Please somebody feel free to correct me if I have not read this correct.
    I have spent all afternoon printing out every document for the Action Group so will keep everybody posted.

Captain C
    Participant

The application states that a Public Consultation has taken place, noting: “On Thursday 6th November MCA held a public exhibition at Llay Royal British Legion which ran from 4-7pm, We canvased the local area prior to the event and approximately 150 turned up to discuss then scheme and 104 filled out feedback forms or left comments.”

What chance have we got of getting to the truth from the architects if they can’t even count how many people turned up. We got twice as many people to sign our petition against this development on the night. They only did a leaflet drop on a very small number of houses and they admitted they only expected about 50 to 60 people there.

Sheefag
    Participant

@Liam 17104 wrote:

Insulting the people of Wrexham AND Llay?

It’s not an insult, it’s my personal experience.

@Liam 17104 wrote:

Not sure this is the forum for you.

Not sure I care what you think, are you the forum policeman all of a sudden?

Liam
    Participant

@Sheefag 17119 wrote:

It’s not an insult, it’s my personal experience.

Not sure I care what you think, are you the forum policeman all of a sudden?

Saying strangers are unwelcome and making remarks about the gene pool in Llay isn’t insulting? I must have got a low insult threshold then.

Saxon1
    Participant

MCA Developers and Home Farm would like to inform everybody and I quote from their Site Analysis. “Each stage of growth and development of Llay has been a natural and sizeable addition to the village. The new proposals represent the next stage in the development & growth of Llay as a community.
    What gives them the right to tell the people of Llay what is good for us as a community. How dare they.

So thank you Home Farm for such a lovely Early Christmas Present. Presume you will be all having a jolly, relaxing festive period whilst the rest of us will have this development hanging over us for Christmas and the foreseeable future. Really good timing so thanks again.

Old dog
    Participant

Saxon, you really are a sad and vindictive individual, and as is common in these situations, your protests are mainly borne out of jealousy. Look at the amount of ‘facts’ you have stated in this thread, now we are going to have a quarry before its turned into housing. You really have no idea what will happen, neither does anyone else, but it is a legal PROCESS which is taking place, it will take a number of years,and may never happen.
    I remember the fields where you live, full of ponds etc, and YOU BOUGHT A HOUSE ON THERE. What a hypocrite you are. I am sure Home Farm will enjoy a Merry Xmas, you should try it one day too!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham