Vinci Car Parking Charges

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Vinci Car Parking Charges

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

@Adam 14291 wrote:

Maybe we should all meet for a pint and a good moan… :)

Sounds good Adam. Is that in Wrexham or Chester?

Darlofan
    Participant

@Steve 14285 wrote:

100% Agree! Personally I normally only go into town for banking business cheques / cash, I find some 30min on street parking go to the bank then get out of there. If I had 90 min of free parking in town then I would certainly walk a different way back to the car for a look around, and may even visit a shop or two and spend money.

I even park on street for 30 min if visiting stores like Maplin, go in get what I want and get back home.

I’m another that does this. Did it last week when I went to bank to pay in a cheque, done it several times now when dropping kids off for birthday parties in eagles meadow. I use argos by Home base rather than Island Green due to free parking. Used to park in Dunelm car park and walk to Island Green Argos where I would invariably end up popping in other shops to look and end up buying. Then I got a ticket in dunelm (I didn’t pay it) so now never bother.

Alunh
    Participant

Agree with Steve and Darlofan. When I was in King Street we researched our trading patterns and oddly we found that a large part of what we did was between 2.30 and 5.30. A lot of this was Car drivers using the (then) King Street spaces, popping into the shop and purchasing. This is particularly valuable for the type of shops where people know broadly what they want and their main concern is topick it up/collect. In particular, Tickets for gigs used to sell like this

MP1953
    Participant

It won’t happen because people in this country rarely get together to make a point, but I would love to see not a single car going into Eagles Meadow car park for say a week. :):)

zinger
    Participant

That’s easy for me because I have only ever parked there once.

Alunh
    Participant

@MP1953 14313 wrote:

It won’t happen because people in this country rarely get together to make a point, but I would love to see not a single car going into Eagles Meadow car park for say a week. :):)

According to some observers, that appears to be going on anyway!!

johnhoppy
    Participant

They seem to be intent on charging as much as they can get away with. Wrexham needs to look at what other similar towns are doing. I was driving through Warrington this morning, a town which has numerous ‘out of town’ shopping areas similar to Wrexham, and I notice they are publicising all day Saturday parking for £2.00, and three hour parking for £1.00 Monday to Friday. Surely we should be looking at something along these lines to attract custom to the town centre.

Two pence worth
    Participant

I love going to Chester, free parking in the council multi stories late afternoon, brill way to keep the city busy all day encouraging new and existing businesses, Wrexham council are short sighted they have no long term vision they believe privatisation is the way forward and they pick up a SMALL percentage. Soon there wont be a town centre to fill there greedy lazy little pockets……a tip for them speculate to accumulate….. Manage parking properly and encourage a thriving town centre, funnily enough you will be able to collect rent/rates etc as long as you don’t out price yourselves, which is the norm (all this from a mere insignificant menial/lay person who lives in the community)

99DylanJones
    Participant

No doubt the Eagles Meadow shops and the property managing agent will soon come up with a deal to reimburse the car parking charges after spending a certain amount in the stores once the take up of spaces reduces and footfall drops. If you have been there recently they could close a whole floor off and rent it for indoor five a side there is so much empty space. I assume the number f car park spaces in a new build are based on data from other locations so clearly EM is not doing anywhere near as much trade as originally anticipated.

Two pence worth
    Participant

I wonder why eagles meadow management haven’t had the foresight to trial free parking for say 2 hours, or are they limited because its contracted out to Vinci (i wonder what the length of the contract is) surely it would be in their interests to give it a go?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News