Vinci Car Parking Charges

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Vinci Car Parking Charges

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

Haven’t Wrexham Council got no influence or say over these prices ? because as previous posts on here and elsewhere are saying it is killing not just EM but Wrexham as a whole, surely someone can see this !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rondetto
    Participant

Greed. I think Vinci would rather see 200 cars paying £3.10 than 1000 cars paying £1.
    But their thinking is not helping the businesses there.

Alunh
    Participant

@MP1953 14172 wrote:

Haven’t Wrexham Council got no influence or say over these prices ? because as previous posts on here and elsewhere are saying it is killing not just EM but Wrexham as a whole, surely someone can see this !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think the answer that you’ll get is no. As I understand it, even EM haven’t got any control over these charges.

As for Wrexham Council……..their agenda is now to raise revenue to cover current costs. Whilst I have a sympathy with their economic plight, it is not good for them to adopt the same approach as the private sector Car Parks to milk the parker. I understand that Wrexham is cheap compared to Manchester or London but that argument is not good enough.

As many have said, if Wrexham Car Parking charges are raised, current Customers will shop in different ways. Firstly, there will be those who shop outside the Town Centre and this means the Supermarkets cleaning up. Secondly, there will be those who look for other places like Broughton and Cheshire Oaks where parking is free. Thirdly, there will be those who go to other towns where parking might be dear but the offer is much better. We all know where that means.

It is ironic that lots of money has been spent trying to turn the Town Centre into a Tourist hub and that the Manchester Met is trying to analyse the optimal way forward for Wrexham PLC at this time. Car Parking increases suggest that there is some confused inconsistency in thinking on this whole matter

wxm
    Participant

The customer pays for the value that it adds to their life. As an every day charge in work, on average we may well not see this as value or affordable. As a retail consumer, the value would be driven by the experience we get in the town

jamesbwxm
    Participant

@Alunh 14175 wrote:

I understand that Wrexham is cheap compared to Manchester or London but that argument is not good enough.

I paid £2.50 for 24 hours in Manchester City Centre a couple of weeks ago.

Rondetto
    Participant

I paid £1.60 In the White Rose car park in Rhyl for three hours.

Taffy
    Participant

I pay £1:50 for all day parking at Crescent Road car park!

dale
    Participant

Ridiculous charges for what the town has to offer, what have WXM council done with the town??

It used to be a nice place to visit, with a nice town centre. Now there are 3 or 4 different “out of town” shopping centres that are just far enough away to be an inconvenience, but not close enough to be any use.

The shops are now so spread out, stretching from Tesco at one end up to Sainsburys the other, with a husk of a town in the middle. And now they are going to open another one at the site of the Esso garage opposite the post office. Madness, and no one seems to want to stand up and say “we made a mistake”.

Alunh
    Participant

@jamesbwxm 14181 wrote:

I paid £2.50 for 24 hours in Manchester City Centre a couple of weeks ago.

In which case, adds to the clamour

Rob
    Participant

Just seen Eagles Meadow’s PR company put a release up Roy Norry’s NorthWalesExtra site saying footfall appears up due to the nice weather and start of the holidays.

Could be a normal release or perhaps out to head off the negative stories this week?

( Sadly we no longer get said releases as we refused to allow them to say what does and does not go on Wrexham.com , plus a few unanswered Q’s :D )

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News