Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Saxon1
    Participant

@BenjaminM 19553 wrote:

Just watched a programme on TV about Britains housing crisis. It would have been essential viewing for the Llay anti housing development protagonists.
    If any of them have any morality in their collective being, they would realise that at least a million more houses are needed nationally to address the current shortfall and that the protectionist attitude towards their minor enclave is nothing short of being morally indefensible.
    I wish the application to build, every success and I hope that WCBC decision makers do what is right for the wider audience and not bow down to insignificant, parochial and petty arguments to the contrary.

Funny that just watched the same programme. There are only 50 people living in the hamlet where that proposal is being considered. There are 5000 people already living in Llay.

Not that difficult to see the difference.

Pinky02
    Participant

Saxon1 you forgot to mention the other proposed developments in the pipeline for Llay. If they all get passed then the population will increase to at least 6,000!

Captain C
    Participant

OK, time for a maths lesson here.

365 houses means about 1200 people, add that to the 5000 and that comes to 6200. The Legion want to relocate and use the land for houses to at least another 400 people and now we reach 6600 and then with the extra affordable housing by the school and community centre maybe another 400, WOW we have just reached 7,000.

Rhosrobin applications in the pipe line 500 houses so most likely 1500+ so in the region of Llay and the Llay New Road area we are talking on an increase of just over 3000 extra beings to find doctors, school places, transport for.

zinger
    Participant

I must live a very sheltered life because I don’t know anyone in desperate need of a new house. I am sure that they must be out there, just that I don’t know them. Probably an age thing.

sparky1
    Participant

@Captain C 19557 wrote:

OK, time for a maths lesson here.

365 houses means about 1200 people, add that to the 5000 and that comes to 6200. The Legion want to relocate and use the land for houses to at least another 400 people and now we reach 6600 and then with the extra affordable housing by the school and community centre maybe another 400, WOW we have just reached 7,000.

Rhosrobin applications in the pipe line 500 houses so most likely 1500+ so in the region of Llay and the Llay New Road area we are talking on an increase of just over 3000 extra beings to find doctors, school places, transport for.

So i take it if your maths in good order that’s approx. 3000 more people in and around Llay yes?

My Bet is the shops are going to have a party? Just say each one will spend’s £5 per day on food and clothing (notand i bet that’s beeing very very frugal) so that’s a staggering £15,000.00 a day and £105,000 a week in one year that’s, £5’460,000.00 not bad to put in the local economy :D

dale
    Participant

@sparky1 19568 wrote:

So i take it if your maths in good order that’s approx. 3000 more people in and around Llay yes?

My Bet is the shops are going to have a party? Just say each one will spend’s £5 per day on food and clothing (notand i bet that’s beeing very very frugal) so that’s a staggering £15,000.00 a day and £105,000 a week in one year that’s, £5’460,000.00 not bad to put in the local economy :D

I’m sure sainsburys will appreciate the extra profits, but I doubt if much of that will make it’s way into the hands of the local shopkeepers.

Captain C
    Participant

The local shops in Llay, Rossett and Gresford would lose out as there would be a shop in the Middle of the estate (Gresford Fields, I am given to believe).

Huw
    Participant

Build, build, build I say, it will be a good thing for Wrexham! Residents of Llay get over it.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

@zinger 19561 wrote:

I must live a very sheltered life because I don’t know anyone in desperate need of a new house. I am sure that they must be out there, just that I don’t know them. Probably an age thing.

Ohh Zing snap, I live in sheltered accommodation too! I must go though, I can hear the voices, saying that I will get cut of…….

dale
    Participant

@Big H 19611 wrote:

Build, build, build I say, it will be a good thing for Wrexham! Residents of Llay get over it.

If it’s going to be such a good thing for wrexham, build them in wrexham then?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News

Whooping cough cases on the rise in Wales prompting urgent vaccine calls

News

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News