Wrexham’s Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham’s Beach

• Author

Antoine8100
    Participant

@Antoine8100 5637 wrote:

I am totally agree with you. Certain two facts on this post unequivocally the best we have all had. It continues to be to be seen what approach Sir Adrian and his group will suggest. Everything in this article is completely true!

Above Ground Pools

wrexview
    Participant

Buckley are to follow Wrexham’s lead with a bring ” Blackpool to Buckley ” themed event on August 18th that will include a beach, funfair and donkey rides!

NJones
    Participant

The paints a picture of a quality day out not to be missed.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@wrexview 5940 wrote:

Buckley are to follow Wrexham’s lead with a bring ” Blackpool to Buckley ” themed event on August 18th that will include a beach, funfair and donkey rides!

I used to love a ride on the donkeys when I was a child. I remember the donkey derbys on Southport Beach very well.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Just been speaking to a guy who friend organises a beach volleyball competition in a town square in holland for the past few years. Professional volleyball players and the odd olympic champion have been known to play.

They ship in 40 lorry loads of sand.

I guess it’s all down to preparation on how much a success a beach can be.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Success for the beach, if it goes ahead, could also be down to drawing the crowd in. A guest celebrity to open it for example might draw a bigger crowd than just announcing it’s there.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Welsh Dresser;6288 wrote:
    Success for the beach, if it goes ahead, could also be down to drawing the crowd in. A guest celebrity to open it for example might draw a bigger crowd than just announcing it’s there.

Celebrities costs cash.

A friend of mine had a stint away from corrie for a few years. He earned more money for opening one supermarket than he did in a week starring in the show.

Good idea though. If the football team openedit, it would be good for season ticket sales.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

That’s a great idea and WST could set out a stall and recruit more members for the Trust.

wrexview
    Participant

Good idea to involve the local football club, perhaps they could contribute by organising some activities for the children on Llwyn Isaf , they are the season ticket holders of the future!

southwales
    Participant

If the money is going to be spent on the event regardless then I guess it’s a matter of how we make it work.

I think it could work but it would need to be something that people of all ages can enjoy and it’s also a chance to promote the town / community somehow. There’s nothing in Wrexham that I can think of that really says ‘this is why people come here’ and I don’t think a temporary beach alone will do that.

Somebody mentioned karaoke competition but maybe there could be some sort of ‘Wrexham’s Got Talent’ show with local radio stations involved to help present and promote it. Prizes could be donated by local businesses etc. By getting people involved in this way there would be less cost for the entertainment. There’s also an opportunity to make money through merchandise (providing there are no copyright issues etc)

Although my work is based in Chester I know plenty of people who would volunteer to help out with this and I’m sure the company would make some sort of contribution.

Would be good to see what ideas people come up with and I’d be happy to get some support.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham’s Beach’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News