Wrexham’s Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham’s Beach

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

My opinion remains the same though. It would be great if we had a gate of 18.000 for every home game, but unfortunately that’s not going to happen.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Rondetto;5421 wrote:
    My opinion remains the same though. It would be great if we had a gate of 18.000 for every home game, but unfortunately that’s not going to happen.

we can’t have a gate of 18,000 because the ground has fallen into such a state of repair caused by the asset strippers that it’s only 10,500. (The council should hang their head in shame… especially current welsh AM, Aled Roberts.)

18,000plus has happened in the past and it will happen again, if the people of wrexham remain positive. Aspire!

Rondetto
    Participant

Well said, I suppose, the past 10 years of the club’s history has been nothing short of shocking. Pryce Griffiths was booed at Wembley, so the fans know the background.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

re: the beach – there is one point i’m very concerned about which can be split into three parts…

a) Budgeting
    what is the council going to acheive for 2.5k and what happens if the other 2.5k can’t be found?
    b) Marketing especially brand/customer relationship afterwards
    And if the council are to spend 2.5k because the aim is to bring people into the town, what are the council going to do to keep the habit going? There seems no plan at all. In other words, it’s like building a bridge but you haven’t decided what is going to be other side of the bridge to make it attractive for crossing.
    c) Aims & Goals
    There are no specifc aims or goals and thus no way to judge it a success or failure.

Rondetto
    Participant

It was like when we had the National Eisteddfordd in Wrexham, it was said that all the traders in the town would feel the benefit. In fact I don’t know anyone in the town that took extra while it was on.
    So If they think this beach will make the tills ring, I think they may have it all wrong again.

zinger
    Participant

Again the Eisteddfod gave the people of the town a brilliant feel good factor. Isn’t that what we need to get us through these difficult times? It was something that Wrexham can be justifiably proud of. Whereas some people had too high expectations others were more realistic & did better from it. People from out of the area will not shop at the same shops that they have in their own local vicinity. The people who took their business to the Maes would have heard the tills ringing. We could do with those same people who organised the Eisteddfod to come & organise our town. OK, it was maybe a little far out of town & there was so much going on there for people to want to travel into town unnecessarily. And no, you didn’t need to speak Welsh. I am not for or against the beach idea as since I don’t know what to expect, I haven’t high expectations. I just think that the feel good factor is too important to lose & if that is what it creates then fine. If people are happy when they come into town then they will want to come again & will leave with good memories.

jimbow
    Participant

There may well have been a feel good factor over the Eisteddfod,but what was the cost of entering the Maes before visitors spent a penny.You do not have to pay to enter Wrexham,only for parking ,which is free for three hours if you use Tesco.

Rondetto
    Participant

I know it was run at a great loss, I did have the figures at the time.
    I doubt they’d want to have it here ever again.

jimbow
    Participant

I may be wrong but I cannot see the business’s in Eagles Meadow contributing £2500 to a project that would take place on the other side of town.If it were in Eagles Meadow it could be different.Also if the Beach does come to town will the Council be handing out tide tables?

Rondetto
    Participant

In today’s Leader they said it would be at Llywn Isaf and have deck chairs and parasols. I hope we have a better summer than last year then.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham’s Beach’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News