Wrexham’s Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham’s Beach

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

I believe it is to be sited at Eagles Meadow.

zinger
    Participant

If I had a shop there I wouldn’t be impressed having people with sand covered shoes wandering in & out.

Rondetto
    Participant

You can bet that the likes of Debenhams and M&S will have someone on the door watching for people with sand on trying to enter.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

They will have an industrial vacuum to clear up the sand. They manage to cope with wet feet so sand should be no problem. I still think if it’s going ahead it should be in the town centre regardless of who is funding it.

wrexview
    Participant

I think it is going to be around Queen’s Square with Llwyn Isaf being used for music and picnics. Everyone is questioning spending £2500 on a week’s effort to encourage trade to our town but no mention of spending £5000 on an open top bus to celebrate the Football Club’s cup win , which will be over in half a day.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I am not against the idea. It might be fun especially for the children. I wish I had some young ones as I would take them along with a bucket and spade. I will ask my son but as he’s over 30 I think I can predict his answer!

Rondetto
    Participant

Queens square is the most likely I suppose, that’s where they’ve had a skating rink foe a few years. Plenty of room there too, apart maybe market traders may not be too happy, not that there are many of them these days.

zinger
    Participant

@wrexview 5387 wrote:

I think it is going to be around Queen’s Square with Llwyn Isaf being used for music and picnics. Everyone is questioning spending £2500 on a week’s effort to encourage trade to our town but no mention of spending £5000 on an open top bus to celebrate the Football Club’s cup win , which will be over in half a day.

The win at Wembley was one of the towns big success stories. Since around 18,000 people got off their bottoms & went on an icy cold, snowy day to London to watch their team win, shows that this will supply many Wrexhamians with a much needed feel good factor. We need much more of this. If those same 18,000 people come into town to see the players on the open top bus, there is the possibility of money ringing in some of the towns tills as a bonus.
    The community spirit that came out because of the big match, with people clearing estates of snow to enable supporters to get their cars out to reach buses & trains should be bottled.

Rondetto
    Participant

Most of them that travelled to Wembley went to say they’d been to the ground, and of course because they had reason to go because their local team were playing there. Alas the Racecourse wont see a quarter of them at the turnstiles year in year out.
    I doubt even if the 18000 would turn up to cheer the team through the town If they don’t get out of the Conference this year.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Rondetto;5396 wrote:
    Most of them that travelled to Wembley went to say they’d been to the ground, and of course because they had reason to go because their local team were playing there. Alas the Racecourse wont see a quarter of them at the turnstiles year in year out.
    I doubt even if the 18000 would turn up to cheer the team through the town If they don’t get out of the Conference this year.

As a shareholder of said club, please don’t be so negative of the 18,000 wrexhamers who saw their hometown club win at one of the most famous football grounds in the world. it’s a turn off. Everyone is welcome to watch wrexham play. Be part of the community and come along.

It’s 20 years of poor ownership (whom only wanted to asset strip the club) that has caused a smaller fanbase, now the club is fans’ owned, it will grow and grow.

the club brings in 4,000plus footfall to the town every other week.

Positive thinking only. No sportsman has even won anything by thinking they can’t win. We will get out of the conference this season.

It’s hypocritical that the council is performing a tribute, because they screwed the club over the wrexham village student development. One open top bus does make up for letting moss and dickens asset strip the football club.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham’s Beach’ is closed to new replies.

More...

New EV charging hub proposed for city centre car park

News

D-Day 80th anniversary parade planned for Wrexham city centre

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Brian Jones – Welsh Conservatives candidate

News

Online voluntary National Insurance payments service launches after much criticism

News

Two former North Wales Police officers to be barred from policing after misconduct hearing

News

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News