Wrexham’s Beach

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham’s Beach

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

I found myself in a difficult place on this one and neither supported it as an idea or opposed it. The problem I have is that the Council appear to be wired to spend Council Tax rather than being geared to encourage local Entrepreneurs to come forward and invest their money in schemes of one type or another.

Profit led incentives need the Council to act as Ringmaster not performing animal

Elysiumxv
    Participant

I thought the council would be better paying for children entertainers to perform on Llywn Isaf for local children and families over the summer period. The idea of a beach sounds ridiculous in my eyes. We do not have a climate to have inland beaches never mind coastal beaches..

As for the council…they are a total joke… Screwed the fans of Wrexham football club over and should hang their head in shame. Same could be said about local business men who ultimately let the club fall into bad hands while they made a healthy profit..but I suppose that’s business.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

:) Does the Gwenfro have a tide

Sam
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 5443 wrote:

Give it a couple of years and it may become tidal. Lol

michellecook
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 5443 wrote:

Dams cleverly disguised as shopping trolleys but not sure about a tide

zinger
    Participant

@jimbow 5431 wrote:

There may well have been a feel good factor over the Eisteddfod,but what was the cost of entering the Maes before visitors spent a penny.You do not have to pay to enter Wrexham,only for parking ,which is free for three hours if you use Tesco.

People still queued up to go there & came in droves. Parking was free & well organised.
    It’s free to enter Wrexham & still no-one comes. Does that say that there is something wrong? We have lost the locally owned shops who paid their taxes in favour of multinationals, who it appears to me, don’t. We need that feel good factor which is dismally lacking in Wrexham at the moment.

Alunh
    Participant

Councils shouldn’t be the prime agent of creating the ‘feel good factor’ in a town like Wrexham except on rare occasions. There is a huge private sector out there for this type of thing.

The next thing, we’ll be expecting Councils to pay for Wrexham FC, promote Soul nights, book the Drifters at Glyndwr or any of the other zillions of things that constitute entertainment.

Still not sure about the ‘Beach’ if the Council are determined to spend money where they seem determined to

wxm
    Participant

This is a spend of £5k, £10k, or £25,000.

Wrexham Council spends £430,000,000?

The revenue of the town and/or county in industry generally is £5,000,000,000 to £10,000,000,000? While any initiative to make people happy and draw crowds is laudable; what will this initiative bring in?

Somewhere else in these forums, comments have recently been made about the role of a Council. Councils can either stay in or out of intervening in the affairs of industry, or any public service section. To get partially involved is to meddle and destructive. Will Wrexham Beach combine with everything else that is being done, to create a thriving economy?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@wxm 5507 wrote:

The revenue of the town and/or county in industry generally is £5,000,000,000 to £10,000,000,000? While any initiative to make people happy and draw crowds is laudable; what will this initiative bring in?

Somewhere else in these forums, comments have recently been made about the role of a Council. Councils can either stay in or out of intervening in the affairs of industry, or any public service section. To get partially involved is to meddle and destructive. Will Wrexham Beach combine with everything else that is being done, to create a thriving economy?

I seriously doubt that the beach idea is going to create a thriving economy. It may brighten up the people and make a few smile which to me is priceless. I think this idea is just to create a bit of recreation. If it does generate anything else then that is a bonus.

Alunh
    Participant

@wxm 5507 wrote:

Two comments. Firstly, the fact that this amount is minuscule compared to the overall spend is not relevant. There was a debate on here recently about the increase of the Chief Exec’s salary. That increase, as such, was such a small matter compared to the overall spend that it seemingly makes us all guilty of trivialising if we take that line.

Secondly, the real focus is not on the spend per se but the actual return to spend from the outlay. I remain on the fence but still feel that entertainment is best left to those who have more perception of this area of life

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Wrexham’s Beach’ is closed to new replies.

More...

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News