Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Chopper query in via email: “I read on Wrexham.com that one of the police helicopter bases is closing. How will that affect us as it always seems to be in use over town?”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19239 wrote:

Chopper query in via email: “I read on Wrexham.com that one of the police helicopter bases is closing. How will that affect us as it always seems to be in use over town?”

I dont think it will affect us. The Rhuddlan base is closing but we will use the base at Hawarden.

When we first had the helicopter it was used exclusively for North Wales. Nowadays all police air support units have been merged into the National Police Air Service and so on occasions if we call for air support to Wrexham it could be provided from a neighbouring force, as the resource is shared to be more cost effective.

Rob
    Participant

Gwyn asks: “what are the rules of bail hostels in unsupervised houses , got one on Ruabon Rd , and basically they do what they want ?”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19241 wrote:

Gwyn asks: “what are the rules of bail hostels in unsupervised houses , got one on Ruabon Rd , and basically they do what they want ?”

There are rules. The court orders that residents abide by the rules of the bail hostel. Failure to do so means that they are liable to lose their right for bail and for them to face custody.

Hugh Jones.

Rob
    Participant

Just jumping in with a longer one from Facebook that I missed – so this is from Simon: “I went to an area yesterday I could smell the weed from inside my van as soon as I pulled onto the street ,now if I could smell it surely the police must know there is a grower on that street and I felt sorry for the person that I was going to as coming out of the house nextdoor was wrexham,s number1 nuisance and 2 others as high as kites , really wish they would get tougher on users as well as dealers , time for a change they keep going for the dealers but if they went for the users the dealers would have no one to supply ,end of problem”

CerysHughes
    Participant

#ToInspectorWycherley

Team Taylor or Team Harry?

How many extra NWP police hours could have been spent instead of NWP paying Yorkshire Based Market Research Company “Swift Market Research” to interview victims of crime?

#AreThePoliceWastingTooMuchOfTaxPayersMoneyWritingPatronisingHashtags? :)

To Hugh Jones

Made in Chelsea or TOWIE?

Can you provide documental evidence that recent consultations and surveys such as the council budget were scientifically & statistically tested for both validity and reliability BEFORE the public were given opportunity to complete them?

Why couldn’t the public be consulted or given a referendum on whether they want to merge with other county councils. In my mind a merger is a foolish decision, but this is supposed to be democracy and the public deserve to be heard and give a mandate to their councillors.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19243 wrote:

Just jumping in with a longer one from Facebook that I missed – so this is from Simon: “I went to an area yesterday I could smell the weed from inside my van as soon as I pulled onto the street ,now if I could smell it surely the police must know there is a grower on that street and I felt sorry for the person that I was going to as coming out of the house nextdoor was wrexham,s number1 nuisance and 2 others as high as kites , really wish they would get tougher on users as well as dealers , time for a change they keep going for the dealers but if they went for the users the dealers would have no one to supply ,end of problem”

This week we have closed down a cannabis “grow” in Wrexham and have recently increased the number of raids on properties which targeted both suppliers and users. This is ongoing work, more raids are planned and we will keep the pressure on.
    There is a specific offence under the Misuse of drugs Act 1971 which prevents persons using their property for preparing or using many drug types. Both Hugh and I will be pushing for that offence to be used more and more as the drug warrants continue.

Rob
    Participant

We have had a message via Facebook about someone trying to locate someone called Susie from a 18-30 holiday in Magaluf 10 years ago, but we think that is not one for the Inspector or Mr Jones!

So, back to the questions that have come in via email – and I am combining these two as they are on very similar topics:

“The police station is due to move are both the police and council happy with the proposed end result in the library?”

&

“The new police station in llay is going to be huge but is it too far out of town and will it mean slow responses?”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19246 wrote:

We have had a message via Facebook about someone trying to locate someone called Susie from a 18-30 holiday in Magaluf 10 years ago, but we think that is not one for the Inspector or Mr Jones!

So, back to the questions that have come in via email – and I am combining these two as they are on very similar topics:

“The police station is due to move are both the police and council happy with the proposed end result in the library?”

&

“The new police station in llay is going to be huge but is it too far out of town and will it mean slow responses?”

Police and Council are still working to finalise the arrangements to ensure there will be improved access to the library and cafe. We are both delighted that there will be a new facility in the town.

The response officers for Wrexham will be based at the new Wrexham police station NOT the facility at Llay so response times to incidents should be unaffected.

sparky1
    Participant

DOG fouling is this something your going to get to grips with?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham