Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

• Author

michellecook
    Participant

@Insp Paul Wycherley 19206 wrote:

We are quite openly targeting these youths, 5 have been arrested since January 5th and placed on strict curfews which means they have to be indoors at a specified address from 7pm – 7 am and we check that they comply with that condition. One didn’t and has now been remanded to prison.

Apologies for snipping your post, I wish to comment specifically on this. Some youths were on such a curfew yet still managed to steal our car, they are still out and about harrassing us on an almost daily basis. To Paraphrase what I was told by an officer basically Police Bail is not worth the paper it is written on.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@wrexview 19171 wrote:

There have been a number of domestic burglaries across the County in recent weeks , you have reassured the public that a number of people have been caught but again today another one has been reported on Wrexham.com. What steps are you taking to combat this especially frightening experience for those involved? Many never feel safe again in their own home.

This is a dreadful offence and a priority to reduce. It is true that we have had a higher number than norm over recent weeks, that has been followed by several arrests which have been publicised; indeed 6 persons were arrested last week and two remanded to prison straightaway. In one case the offender had only been out of prison a matter of days and we charged him with two house burglaries within that short space of time.

We need the public’s assistance to resolve this issue, there can be no greater evidence of that than in Acton on 14 February when a member of the public reported 2 males acting suspiciously resulting in 14 officers being despatched to the area finding one of the males hiding under a car, a further was caught after a foot chase having committed burglaries nearby. They are now in prison.

We encourage all persons to join neighbourhood watch schemes which provide wonderful assistance in this matter. We target known offenders and those released from prison (as referenced above) and we will shortly launch a scheme which has seen success in other parts of the country, whereby we securely mark all valuable property and then publicise the fact that all residences in that area have had their property forensically marked. This deters offenders targeting that area as they know the chances of being caught will be far higher than other areas.

The Council are investing in new CCTV which includes the ability to deploy mobile CCTV which in order to tackle emerging trends.

It is a fact that this year burglary dwelling offences in Wrexham have reduced by 8% but people’s fear of this type offence is clearly very high.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@grumpyom 19180 wrote:

Its been so long since i have seen one, Can you please tell me what a Beatbobby looks like these days ?.

Having just left am empty police station to to this webinar I am intrigued to find out!

Let me know what area you live in and we will look into it. PCSOs are very active in all Council wards and feedback from town and community councils repeatedly show that they are highly visible to the public.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Maureen Gray 19188 wrote:

Does anyone know what happened to all the white dog poo that used to be about?

All dog poo is clearly cleaned up quickly these days

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@wrexview 19195 wrote:

When the traffic lights on the A483 stick on red again , who should we contact ?

There is a 24 hour highways call out number for both Cheshire and Wrexham councils. Depending in which area this problem occurs, contact the relevant council.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@michellecook 19198 wrote:

It’s down to what the dogs are being fed apparently, feeding dogs raw bones causes the white poo. That and the fact responsible owners should pick it up so you wouldn’t see it anyway :D

Thank you for enlightening us. I will never feed my dogs raw bones again.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Liam 19201 wrote:

There seem to have been quite a few successful prosecutions in regards to burglary lately, where as previously there was a perception that not a lot was being done to tackle the issue. What, if anything, has improved there?

We have an excellent Inspector who is working in partnership with the Council in addition the Service Level Agreement for the provision of PCSO services now gives greater influence to Town and Community Councils thus benefiting from local knowledge

Hugh Jones

sparky1
    Participant

Insp Paul Wycherley can you tell me when if at any time are you going to start enforcing the law on motorist using Duke Street off Kings Street? At this is a rat run used by all!!!!! there is a sign that is very clear no cars or motor cycles except taxis buses disabled or loading yet day after day night after night it’s a rat run for people of all ages!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
    Participant

Just pulling in the picture we tweeted up so you can see the live answers being written:

B-xpo3fXEAAX1Fv.jpg

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@michellecook 19209 wrote:

Apologies for snipping your post, I wish to comment specifically on this. Some youths were on such a curfew yet still managed to steal our car, they are still out and about harrassing us on an almost daily basis. To Paraphrase what I was told by an officer basically Police Bail is not worth the paper it is written on.

Court bail has more teeth. If someone breaches court bail conditions they are arrested and put back before the next available court. Plice issue court bail when someone is charged with an offence.

Police bail is issued when enquiries into an allegation are progressing. Breaches do not result in arrest but are “stored” on the offenders record so that in the event of the matter for which they are on police bail for resulting in a charge, the sentence is aggravated.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham