Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

• Author

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@JaneJ 19069 wrote:

Why wont the Police or Council do something to stop those awful people trying to get you to sign for donations to a charity. They are a damn nuisance blocking the pavement and causing an obstruction. I’d prefer to give money to a homeless person on the street than to give to these heaving handed aggressive individuals.

The town centre is a public place. The Council only regulate Queens Square and Llwyn Isaf where they issue permits for charity collections.There is no fee for local charities and any instances of inappropriate behaviour should be reported to the police. To extend a licencing system to the whole of the town centre would be cost prohibitive and bureaucratic for local charities.

NJones
    Participant

@Insp Paul Wycherley 19212 wrote:

All dog poo is clearly cleaned up quickly these days

It’s taken Wrexham CBC over a week and they still cannot find it. I’ve reported this issue twice and Wrexham CBC have yet to sort it, but instead just closed the job. This is in a housing estate, and lot of people seem to find the poo when walking along pavements.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@sparky1 19216 wrote:

Insp Paul Wycherley can you tell me when if at any time are you going to start enforcing the law on motorist using Duke Street off Kings Street? At this is a rat run used by all!!!!! there is a sign that is very clear no cars or motor cycles except taxis buses disabled or loading yet day after day night after night it’s a rat run for people of all ages!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right – I noticed this the other night when (off duty) I was in town. I must confess I was unaware of this until recently. We will enforce this shortly and you are right to raise it.

Chris
    Participant

Any chance that the minor motoring offence of driving with fog lights is policed. It seems to be fashionable to do so at the moment. Do you think the increase is due to the lack of Traffic officers in Wrexham now they are based in Desire.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@NJones 19220 wrote:

It’s taken Wrexham CBC over a week and they still cannot find it. I’ve reported this issue twice and Wrexham CBC have yet to sort it, but instead just closed the job. This is in a housing estate, and lot of people seem to find the poo when walking along pavements.

Please contact [email protected] with details.

I will follow up

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Chris 19222 wrote:

Any chance that the minor motoring offence of driving with fog lights is policed. It seems to be fashionable to do so at the moment. Do you think the increase is due to the lack of Traffic officers in Wrexham now they are based in Desire.

More and more cars are fitted with daytime running lights, however some use foglights as they think it looks cool – in fact it blinds other motorists so you are right to raise. This is an offence for which an on the spot foinr can be issued and is.

Where is Desire by the way? Seriously the traffic base is in Deeside, but cars are allocated to towns/areas so for example there will always be a traffic car within reach of major roads to deal with serious collisions ect.

Rob
    Participant

Those are the ones posted (so far) on the forums, so I will now put up the ones that have come in via Facebook / Twitter and email….

Lisa asks: “The recent spate off burglaries in the areas have been worrying there seems to have been a big increase lately are you increasing foot patrols as they seem to be taking place in the day times ?”

NJones
    Participant

@Insp Paul Wycherley 19223 wrote:

Please contact [email protected] with details.

I will follow up

Thanks, details forwarded.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19225 wrote:

Those are the ones posted (so far) on the forums, so I will now put up the ones that have come in via Facebook / Twitter and email….

Lisa asks: “The recent spate off burglaries in the areas have been worrying there seems to have been a big increase lately are you increasing foot patrols as they seem to be taking place in the day times ?”

Day time burglaries have increased since Xmas and as a result we have had a mixture of local officers in uniform working with plain clothes officers in order to detect these offences. I am well aware that this offence is causing most concern locally at the moment. There have been significant successes in terms of arresting and imprisoning offenders but there is still more to do.

This area is a massive priority for both organisations. In the crime recording year April 2014 – date there has been a reduction in Wrexham of burglary offences by over 8% but I know it doesn’t feel like that.

Rob
    Participant

Carrie via Facebook asks: “Could the police please address the drug addicts hanging around the Co Op on Poplar Road on a Wednesday afternoon after getting their scripts at Pen Y Bryn Chemist. They’re swapping and selling both their prescription drugs and other things in broad daylight whilst mums are collecting children from St Giles school.”

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham