Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

• Author

CerysHughes
    Participant

@Insp Paul Wycherley 19260 wrote:

I thought I have answered the question fully. Please be specific and I will oblige. Alternatively ring 101, ask for me personally and I am happy to discuss.

Paul Wycherley

The question was how many police hours could have been spent instead on paying Swift, not if it was a good idea or not employing them.

You didn’t answer this one either…

#AreThePoliceWastingTooMuchOfTaxPayersMoneyWriting PatronisingHashtags?

michellecook
    Participant

@Insp Paul Wycherley 19206 wrote:

From a policing perspective from 5 January 2015 2 officers from each patrol rota have been specifically assigned to Caia. That means that unless there is a dire emergency elsewhere they will remain on Caia for the whole of their shift. Additionally we have appointed a high quality community beat manager who problem solves repeat issues. With regard to the youths, we know there are a hardcore of about 16 who cause the most problems there. We are quite openly targeting these youths, 5 have been arrested since January 5th and placed on strict curfews which means they have to be indoors at a specified address from 7pm – 7 am and we check that they comply with that condition. One didn’t and has now been remanded to prison.

From a joint perspective Hugh and I are at the front of setting up a harm reduction unit which sees Council and Police officers working from the same office to provide a more effective and speedy response to issues when they arise.

We also have the multi agency anti social behaviour tasking group which meets monthly and discusses key individuals. From this forum we are working hard to implement the new anti social behaviour legislation which is victim focused. We also work closely with tenancy enforcement which essentially puts at risk a council tenants occupancy of their home should they or their children indulge in anti social behaviour or criminality.

There is much going on, but much more will be done! Caia is a priority area for both organisations.

This is clearly not working! Heard from officer that the youths that stole our car, despite being identified are getting away scot free as there is not enough evidence to take the case to court. One reason for this apparently is the delay of 5 days from the offence being committed and them being arrested resulting in loss of forensics! They had one in for breaking his curfew the next day so shouldn’t this have been dealt with then?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham