Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

• Author

Chris
    Participant

@Insp Paul Wycherley 19224 wrote:

More and more cars are fitted with daytime running lights, however some use foglights as they think it looks cool – in fact it blinds other motorists so you are right to raise. This is an offence for which an on the spot foinr can be issued and is.

Where is Desire by the way? Seriously the traffic base is in Deeside, but cars are allocated to towns/areas so for example there will always be a traffic car within reach of major roads to deal with serious collisions ect.

Bloody smart phones. Desire is where the foinr are paid. 😉

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19228 wrote:

Carrie via Facebook asks: “Could the police please address the drug addicts hanging around the Co Op on Poplar Road on a Wednesday afternoon after getting their scripts at Pen Y Bryn Chemist. They’re swapping and selling both their prescription drugs and other things in broad daylight whilst mums are collecting children from St Giles school.”

Thanks for the information. I have noted this and will pass to local officers for attention. Please let me know you have seen them.

Paul Wycherley.

Rob
    Participant

Wayne asks via Facebook: ” Could they also address the youths hanging around splash magic and smoking weed and drinking alachol. Use the section 27 laws. Bring in SLO. And also threaten the parents of these with eviction. Yet its just a walk by and wave. Pro active stops it. Sends the right message. The section 27 now exclusion orders should be made more and when breached dealt with.”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19231 wrote:

Wayne asks via Facebook: ” Could they also address the youths hanging around splash magic and smoking weed and drinking alachol. Use the section 27 laws. Bring in SLO. And also threaten the parents of these with eviction. Yet its just a walk by and wave. Pro active stops it. Sends the right message. The section 27 now exclusion orders should be made more and when breached dealt with.”

This is covered by Wrexham rural and so I have forwarded to Insp Jackie Downes who covers that area.

Paul Wycherley.

Rob
    Participant

Charlotte asks: “Whenever we call the police about houses/garages being broken into, they take 20+ minutes to turn up. By then they have gone. Saves them filling paperwork I suppose, and less paperwork means that Inspector Wycherley can state that the burglary rate has fallen ‘dramatically’… If they were catching these thieves the first time there’s a call to them, it might save 5 or 6 houses being burgled and people not losing their stuff to junkies.”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19233 wrote:

Charlotte asks: “Whenever we call the police about houses/garages being broken into, they take 20+ minutes to turn up. By then they have gone. Saves them filling paperwork I suppose, and less paperwork means that Inspector Wycherley can state that the burglary rate has fallen ‘dramatically’… If they were catching these thieves the first time there’s a call to them, it might save 5 or 6 houses being burgled and people not losing their stuff to junkies.”

All calls are prioritised and so sometimes we are quicker to get to incidents than others. When we don’t get there on time I am as frustrated as anyone. That said, once the call is made it is recorded as an incident so it is included in the statistics from the off.

Rob
    Participant

We have had a few messages that are shorter / more observational , so will also ask/relay these. One such is from from Liam via twitter: “Not a crime but tell them to get that parking on Ruthin road sorted!”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19235 wrote:

We have had a few messages that are shorter / more observational , so will also ask/relay these. One such is from from Liam via twitter: “Not a crime but tell them to get that parking on Ruthin road sorted!”

Where exactly?

Rob
    Participant

Another short one: “I am not on twitter but see it on the site, there is lots from the police posted up, does it actually do anything?”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19237 wrote:

Another short one: “I am not on twitter but see it on the site, there is lots from the police posted up, does it actually do anything?”

YES! We are anxiously looking how we can get message out to the local community. People expect to know these days what is going on as it happens. When we tweet things out they are often re-tweeted many thousands of times. Wrexham.com recently re-tweeted a crime appeal which resulted in recovery of stolen property so yes, it is highly effective.

This is just one of many methods of communication we are using. Press/OWL alerts all have their place as well.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

A483 reopens following full closure due to police incident

News

Wrexham AFC stars kickstart launch of new Hope House superstore

News

Organic Corwen farm launches charitable trust to support disadvantaged children from urban areas

News

Things to Do With Your Partner in London to Spice Up Your Relationship

News

Affordable Luxury: The Best Deals on Cars in the UK

News

Applications now open for Youth Service Small Grant Scheme in Wrexham!

News