Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Webchat with NWP & Wrexham Council

• Author

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@CerysHughes 19244 wrote:

#ToInspectorWycherley

Team Taylor or Team Harry?

How many extra NWP police hours could have been spent instead of NWP paying Yorkshire Based Market Research Company “Swift Market Research” to interview victims of crime?

#AreThePoliceWastingTooMuchOfTaxPayersMoneyWritingPatronisingHashtags? :)

To Hugh Jones

Made in Chelsea or TOWIE?

Can you provide documental evidence that recent consultations and surveys such as the council budget were scientifically & statistically tested for both validity and reliability BEFORE the public were given opportunity to complete them?

Why couldn’t the public be consulted or given a referendum on whether they want to merge with other county councils. In my mind a merger is a foolish decision, but this is supposed to be democracy and the public deserve to be heard and give a mandate to their councillors.

From Paul Wycherley:

The data that we receive back from Swift is vitally important to us. They contact victims of crime and seek feedback on the service we provided to them. At the end of the day we are a public service and are striving for service excellence and so feedback is a good measure of our performance and the public’s contentment with us.We also use the findings to improve!

It is essential that we employ an independent company to research and compile the data to ensure that the public have confidence that the data is unbiased in any way.

We are investing internally in improving quality of service by contacting victims of crime far more frequently to update them on the progress of issues reported to us. The fact that we were not performing well in this regard was as a direct result of information supplied in the surveys and has helped us significantly raise our performance in this important area.

From Hugh Jones:

The recent consultations was the most extensive ever carried out by Wrexham Council and has a statistical accuracy in excess of 90%.

We intend to develop and improve on the consultation for the next budget.

With regard to the suggested reorganisation of Local Government. The Welsh Government has got itself in a mess. There is absolutely no clarity about what they are seeking to do. One thing is clear that they intend to transfer more powers to Cardiff Bay at the expense of local democracy and this must be resisted. There is no democratic consent for unclear and potentially dangerous changes.

Rob
    Participant

Email bluntly stating/asking: “Ask them what work is happening ahead of the prison in the partnership with the police and the council and how they think it will affect the town?”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19251 wrote:

Email bluntly stating/asking: “Ask them what work is happening ahead of the prison in the partnership with the police and the council and how they think it will affect the town?”

There is a broad range of partnership working with the police, the third sector and voluntary organisations to ensure that the prison is effective in reducing re-offending.

Rob
    Participant

It wouldn’t be a web chat with the police with out my own personal question on the Bubble Match! My question is….

There are activities by both Chester and Wrexham FC’s ahead of the derby game to ‘reclaim the game’ to improve perceptions of the match. Do you think the public have a negative view of the fans of the clubs due to the derby?

If so, do you think the ‘firm’ policing re-enforces that view, and could NWP / Cheshire Police look to help ‘reclaim the game’ as well with a softer approach?

CerysHughes
    Participant

@Insp Paul Wycherley 19250 wrote:

From Paul Wycherley:

The data that we receive back from Swift is vitally important to us. They contact victims of crime and seek feedback on the service we provided to them. At the end of the day we are a public service and are striving for service excellence and so feedback is a good measure of our performance and the public’s contentment with us.We also use the findings to improve!

It is essential that we employ an independent company to research and compile the data to ensure that the public have confidence that the data is unbiased in any way.

We are investing internally in improving quality of service by contacting victims of crime far more frequently to update them on the progress of issues reported to us. The fact that we were not performing well in this regard was as a direct result of information supplied in the surveys and has helped us significantly raise our performance in this important area.

From Hugh Jones:

The recent consultations was the most extensive ever carried out by Wrexham Council and has a statistical accuracy in excess of 90%.

We intend to develop and improve on the consultation for the next budget.

With regard to the suggested reorganisation of Local Government. The Welsh Government has got itself in a mess. There is absolutely no clarity about what they are seeking to do. One thing is clear that they intend to transfer more powers to Cardiff Bay at the expense of local democracy and this must be resisted. There is no democratic consent for unclear and potentially dangerous changes.

Neither have answered the questions:

disappointing.

Rob
    Participant

We did say we would round this up at 4pm – so Hugh Jones has just had to leave – Darryl emailed this one over to me so a slight overrun but Mr Wycherley has kindly said he will answer:

“Over Christmas there was a welfare centre established in the town centre to help aid the night time economy over the festive period. Are there any plans in place to make this a regular feature in the town centre throughout the year – or will it continue to operate solely during the festive months?”

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

No…not entirely. It is a fact that the clubs both have a minority element, who are causing the majority of loyal supporters who simply want to support their local team much inconvenience. I think the public know that and every time I have raised this in the local media I have referred to the “minority” not the “majority”, so I think the public are well aware that the vast majority of the fans are law abiding.
    The “firm” policing is purely to negate the threat of trouble, not to make a point or reinforce a view. We do not consider a “hard” or “soft” approach, for us our numbers of officers employed on the day are proportionate to the risk.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@Rob 19256 wrote:

We did say we would round this up at 4pm – so Hugh Jones has just had to leave – Darryl emailed this one over to me so a slight overrun but Mr Wycherley has kindly said he will answer:

“Over Christmas there was a welfare centre established in the town centre to help aid the night time economy over the festive period. Are there any plans in place to make this a regular feature in the town centre throughout the year – or will it continue to operate solely during the festive months?”

Yes there are plans for a permanent centre and we hope this will be constructed this year. This is not police driven (although we support it) but I understand that the Xmas centre significantly reduced the pressure on A&E at the Maelor hospital at a very busy time for them.

Similar centres operate around Wales very successfully.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

That’s time.

Thanks for the questions which Hugh and I have answered frankly and honestly.

We are happy to do further webinars in future.

Insp Paul Wycherley
    Participant

@CerysHughes 19255 wrote:

Neither have answered the questions:

disappointing.

I thought I have answered the question fully. Please be specific and I will oblige. Alternatively ring 101, ask for me personally and I am happy to discuss.

Paul Wycherley

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham