Re: Academic Highlights Importance Of Study Skills In Lecture

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Re: Academic Highlights Importance Of Study Skills In Lecture

• Author

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

Hi Alunh

Re “I don’t know what was said above but I didn’t sense a load of negativity. Have I missed something?” – no, it’s all fine now — wlesh dresser put things into perspective for me.

I loved what you said about study skills – I totally agree! :-)

wxmstudent
    Participant

As a student at this uni I attend some of the academic support sessions and most of the staff are great and really helpful. Others are never in work due to ‘illness’ yet moonlight as lecturers. One of my mates had Andrew as a lecturer for a module and 95% of the students on the module failed as they weren’t given them the right information to complete the module task and reference it. Then when she asked for help with an assignment was told ‘If you don’t know it now, you’ve got a problem’, very supportive Andrew- Glad to here you won’t be allowed to work as a lecturer again.

wxmstudent
    Participant

Mod- what is the point of freedom of speech if you remove peoples points of view and experiences?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I can’t see that any have been removed unless I missed them altogether.

Alunh
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 7338 wrote:

I can’t see that any have been removed unless I missed them altogether.

You probably remember the one about the guy boasting that he was the fastest draw in the West……as in would you like to see it again……………….

Rob
    Participant

@wxmstudent 7322 wrote:

Mod- what is the point of freedom of speech if you remove peoples points of view and experiences?

It was a specific personal allegation – not on your first hand experiance but ‘a mate’.

All for points of view and experiances , but with freedom of speech comes responsibility.

If your friend can get in touch then they could post it, but anonymously second hand via an unverifable freemail address rather than a uni address for example doesnt work.

NJones
    Participant

Sounds like discontent in the uni?

NJones
    Participant

@Rob 7346 wrote:

It was a specific personal allegation – not on your first hand experiance but ‘a mate’.

All for points of view and experiances , but with freedom of speech comes responsibility.

If your friend can get in touch then they could post it, but anonymously second hand via an unverifable freemail address rather than a uni address for example doesnt work.

Why does a student have to use a certain email address? The uni student email addresses are based on student number codes and provided by a webmail service so may look anonymous.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News