Re: Academic Highlights Importance Of Study Skills In Lecture

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Re: Academic Highlights Importance Of Study Skills In Lecture

• Author

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

For me, it’s a mixture of approaches: one-to-one, group work, skype, class and lecture based session – anything that will appeal to as broad a range of students as possible. It’s very much led by them being proactive and seeking out help and taking responsibility for themselves and their learning too,

thewayneinspain
    Participant

so if it was that good, why not share the findings on here and more students and pupils could benefit?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

How do we know the results aren’t being filtered down to the students? Not every student posts on here. If they did the number of members would be a lot higher.

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

We offer our services to all Glyndwr students on an individual basis – it’s not ‘a one solution fits all’ answer that can be summarised in a blog post, but an ongoing process for each student :)

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Andrew Edwards;7180 wrote:
    We offer our services to all Glyndwr students on an individual basis – it’s not ‘a one solution fits all’ answer that can be summarised in a blog post, but an ongoing process for each student :)

do you charge??

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

We are a part of student services and open to all enrolled Glyndwr students. We do not charge for appointments.

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

Here is some more information.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

so basically this thread was just to promote glyndwr uni?

p.s. I have no problem with that.

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

My original comment – “It was an excellent day and we intend to repeat the event in 2014” was a reponse to the article (written and upload by someone else) on Wrexham.com about a conference that I organised at Glyndwr University. It seems that some members have taken issue with this (not thewayinspain or welsh dresser, whose dialogue I’ve appreciated – thank you). Simply put, Glyndwr University is in Wrexham and so it relevant to Wrexham in the eyes of Wrexham.com I’d imagine. I also don’t think that promoting the University is a bad thing as anything that highlights and promotes our university in Wrexham can only help to benefit the area. I thank those of you who had genuinely constructive comments and questions but feel perhaps that it is time to retire this thread based on some earlier comments. I feel I have clearly stated the motives for this conference, which was free and a non-profit venture incidentally. Please contact me privately if you have any further questions about my work.

zinger
    Participant

I’m sorry Andrew. You obviously are a little touchy about having your motives questioned. You will need a much thicker skin if you are to succeed. I agree that promoting the university isn’t a bad thing. I don’t however go back on saying that if you read all the books on revision you wouldn’t have time to revise. There are a lot of ‘how to revise’ books on the bookshelves.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News