Re: Academic Highlights Importance Of Study Skills In Lecture

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Re: Academic Highlights Importance Of Study Skills In Lecture

• Author

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

No, not touchy in the slightest and need no thicker skin – just felt the need to clarify, as was a little disturbed what I perceived to be unwarranted negative views. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. I feel sad that what was obviously an informative piece has generated such strange responses. I have suggested to the moderators that the thread be closed. Regardless of whether it is or not I will not be viewing or responding to ‘trolling’ here again – as I feel that some comments are written to provoke a response and I wish to remain dignified (silence being my only recourse now).

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

I also consider your comments about revision books etc ill informed, being an educator.

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

… and a little rude towards me,to be honest (which I have reported to the moderators). Perhaps the moderators will now respond to my request to close this non-productive feed or remove offensive comments.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Andrew I am very sorry you have received negative feedback. It seems to be a force of habit with some that when a new poster appears they must have a hidden agenda. I feel it makes the forum very narrow in it’s opinions and new posters should be allowed to find their feet before being badgered.

Good luck with the study skills. I believe it’s worth while as students need all the help they can get.

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I’m new here, like you said, so thanks for your explanation :-) I now understand what you mean about hidden agendas (I honestly don’t have one). I feel much happier now :-)

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I hope you carry on posting. It’s great to have another view point. I ignore the negative comments and choose who I answer. I do tell them off now and again if I object to their attitute :D

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 7209 wrote:

I hope you carry on posting. It’s great to have another view point. I ignore the negative comments and choose who I answer. I do tell them off now and again if I object to their attitute :D

I am uninsultable as I have Rhino hide.

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

I will keep on posting – thanks for your encouragement and advice :-)

thewayneinspain
    Participant

keep on posting – a little bit of adversity is good for everyone.

wish the students every success in the future (unless of course they’re staying at the wrexham village… as i hope they fail.)

Alunh
    Participant

Glyndwr University is a vital component of the fabric of Wrexham and the more that we can promote the University sector within the Borough the better. Study skills are a vital part of raising the bar for each student and it always amazes me how lacking in the requisite skills for study students can be, even those poised to do really well at ‘A’ level or University level.

Study skills are, of course, like car parts and what suits one student will certainly not suit another. What is clear is that there is an end objective of study and the better equipped that the individual is to achieve goals the better.

Like several other commentators, I was educated in a school system that paid no heed to the tools of the trade and I actually only picked up the craft of study as a bi-product of teaching.

Vital

I don’t know what was said above but I didn’t sense a load of negativity. Have I missed something?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News