Re: Academic Highlights Importance Of Study Skills In Lecture

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Re: Academic Highlights Importance Of Study Skills In Lecture

• Author

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

It was an excellent day and we intend to repeat the event in 2014.

Alunh
    Participant

??????

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@Andrew Edwards 7133 wrote:

It was an excellent day and we intend to repeat the event in 2014.

From the article on here it seems to have been a meeting about study skills. This is new to me could you elaborate?

zinger
    Participant

If you read all the books that tell you how to revise you wouldn’t have much time for revision. Does anyone really gain apart from the author & people who have time off actual work to attend.

NJones
    Participant

Another one of those ‘jolly’ days off for the staff it looks like. Does a uni really need to spend time and money telling it staff how great they are? Looks like the OP is the organiser too- blowing own trumpet. Shame he doesn’t spend more time doing his job and supporting students who need it.

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

The day was an opportunity to share ideas and help to ensure that students have the best possible support while studying for their degrees all across the UK. With the amount of people sharing good ideas I consider the day a success and would respectfully disagree with some of the negative previous comments. Wrexham.com is the ideal place to share our successes locally, and I am glad that this site chose to cover our event.

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

Just to clarify – this was not self-promotion, as I did not write this article. To Welsh Dresser: simply put, our work is about enabling students to develop effective learning strategies for themselves – and thank you for your question too.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

You help students to find an effective method of studying. I wish that had been around when I was in school (I didn’t make it to further education). We were given a text book and told to get on and revise. Does it enable students of mixed abilities to work at their own pace?

Not all of us are negative. Just the majority :)

Andrew Edwards
    Participant

Thanks! :-) Yes, we work with students to help them to develop the specific skills they need at their own pace.

wxm
    Participant

How many students do we have in Wrexham, both residence, and studying?

How do we maximise opportunity for every pupil & student?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News

North Wales MS supports call for national brain tumour strategy

News

Six charged with high value shoplifting offences in Wrexham

News