Q&A Session With Town Centre Inspector

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Q&A Session With Town Centre Inspector

• Author

DR
    Participant

Question via email: What is the response like to OWL Messaging and the Caught On Cameras?

DR
    Participant

@Rob 13540 wrote:

I got one, when is the pot hole on the b & q roundabout on the middle lane for mold going to be fixed because there is no way to avoid it now with going to the other lanes !!

Paul on Facebook asked a similar question to:

When are this useless council going to repair numerous potholes or should they now be called trenches on many of our road. These trenches are a safety issue that need urgent attention.

Rhian Jones from the council is with me now – she will take this back and reply tomorrow.

DR
    Participant

@Rob 13541 wrote:

Two questions: 1. What is a ‘communications safety officer’?

2. What is their favourite ice cream?

Do you mean Police Community Support Officer?

DR
    Participant

@Rob 13542 wrote:

Carl on Facebook asked ” I got a question wats the point of all speed humps in cia park they do damage to cars more than anythin”

These are a traffic calming measure designed to slow vehicles in order to protect pedestrians etc. Rhian Jones is with me from the council she will provide a full update on here tomorrow.

DR
    Participant

@darryl 13548 wrote:

Mike asked us on Twitter: Does he actually reply @wrexham ? I was burgled about 3 years ago, heard nothing off the police aparty from a satisfation call – told them..

Ring me at your convenience on 101 – ask for me personally – of course you should have had a full update, and yes I do reply.

DR
    Participant

Not a question, But Ian Morgan has been in touch via Facebook to say: ” I know paul,he’s a people’s police man and a very nice chap to”

DR
    Participant

Question: What are the shoplifting figures in Wrexham town centre like at present and how is the issue being tackled?

DR
    Participant

@Rob 13549 wrote:

One final one that came in via email from Jo:

When will anti social behavior be taken more seriously. Every evening at the moment I hear teens up and down the street arguing and shouting and swearing. Youngsters on motorbikes up and down the street. People feeling intimidated when they go to the shop. My eldest son doesn’t like going out due to this and I also have youngsters who have to listen to their foul mouths.

This is an area which impacts on quality of life for many. Surprisingly I get more questions about reducing anti social behaviour than I do about crime. We are seeing results in certain areas – not all yet – the key is to work as partners with Wrexham community safety partnership and other agencies (eg youth offending teams). We take this issue seriously, we know where the hotspots are and we patrol as frequently as possible. Contact me with details of your concerns and I will look at your case personally.

DR
    Participant

Snowy Wrexham has tweeted to say: “That ‘bubble’ answer is crap. Tell him. Its a moneymaker for the Cheshire and nw police. Nothing else. The threat does not ustify spending the clubs/and taxpayers money on a few more than 50 dickheads in a 3500 crowd”

DR
    Participant

Any idea what will happen to the peregrine falcons when the police station has been demolished?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Major council tax shake-up pushed back to after next Senedd election

News

Police and crime commissioner warns of deadly new street drug in North Wales

News

Women speak out on failings in gynaecological cancer services in Wales

News

Wrexham Police FC triumph in charity match for Andy’s Man Club

News

Friday: Wrexham Night Market to bring ‘exciting blend of street food and music’ to city centre

News

Record 10,524 emergency food parcels provided by food banks in Wrexham over past 12 months

News