Q&A Session With Town Centre Inspector

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Q&A Session With Town Centre Inspector

• Author

DR
    Participant

Neil has tweeted to say: Aware I might be being a bit thick, but what are “bubble” matches?

DR
    Participant

@darryl 13556 wrote:

Question via email: What is the response like to OWL Messaging and the Caught On Cameras?

OWL is really growing at a fast speed. It is apowerful communication tool enabling us to get crime related messages out to the right areas very quickly. We are also able to receive information from subscribers which has led to detections and convictions.

Caught on camera is helpful – sometimes the quality of the recorded image is poor and that hampers us – but both are useful things to have available to us, enabling us to engage with our communities.

Some places are putting pictures of shoplifters in town centres – what do you think???

DR
    Participant

@darryl 13561 wrote:

Not a question, But Ian Morgan has been in touch via Facebook to say: ” I know paul,he’s a people’s police man and a very nice chap to”

Thank you for your kind words…I do my best!

DR
    Participant

@darryl 13562 wrote:

Question: What are the shoplifting figures in Wrexham town centre like at present and how is the issue being tackled?

This crime recording year (from April 1st to dat) has so far seen an 8.4% increase compared to the same period last year. This is significantly lower than some areas, but obviously not great.

We have a mixture of uniform and covert officers on patrol in targetted locations at the right times, additionally we target known offenders and remand them to prison where possible. One chap recently dealt with had 46 previous convictions so this is a real volume area for us.

Last week I attended a conference hosted by North Wales Police where regional managers of stores were present and we exchanged ideas to reduce offending in this area. We agreed some plans which we will introduce shortly. One under consideration is to display photographs of convicted shoplifters in public areas. What do you think?

DR
    Participant

@darryl 13564 wrote:

Snowy Wrexham has tweeted to say: “That ‘bubble’ answer is crap. Tell him. Its a moneymaker for the Cheshire and nw police. Nothing else. The threat does not ustify spending the clubs/and taxpayers money on a few more than 50 dickheads in a 3500 crowd”

Its certainly no moneymaker – but you are entitled to your opinion…..just as i am entitled to disagree with it.

DR
    Participant

Are the new Wrexham nightlife initiatives working and are there any future plans in place to continue making Wrexham town centre a safe place on a night out?

DR
    Participant

@darryl 13565 wrote:

Any idea what will happen to the peregrine falcons when the police station has been demolished?

Yes – they have already moving slowly to a further local area (I cannot divulge) where they will be very happy.

DR
    Participant

Is anything being done about the anti social behaviour outside McDonalds in the evenings?

DR
    Participant

@darryl 13566 wrote:

Neil has tweeted to say: Aware I might be being a bit thick, but what are “bubble” matches?

Where the game ticket is allocated to you on the official bus en route to the game and you are then delivered into the ground without the opportunity to go into town first, thus reducing opportunity for opposing “fans” to mix.

DR
    Participant

@darryl 13571 wrote:

Are the new Wrexham nightlife initiatives working and are there any future plans in place to continue making Wrexham town centre a safe place on a night out?

The senior community safety officer from the council and I meet weekly to discuss this issue, our interagency campaigns have had good results. Wrexham is a vibrant night time economy and we have excellent relationships with licencees and doorstaff alike. We fully intent to continue with these campaigns.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham