Q&A Session With Town Centre Inspector

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Q&A Session With Town Centre Inspector

• Author

DR
    Participant

@wrexview 13514 wrote:

What progress is being made to eradicate arson around the town?

Arson is a particularly nasty crime ( and dangerous) and ranges from deliberate vehicle fires to setting fires to rubbish etc. We work closely with our community safety partners and arson reduction teams to prevent and detect. Prevention takes the form of environmental audits where discarded items are simply removed. Additionally youth workers perform outreach duty in the community educating youngsters of the obvious dangers to both victims and indeed themselves. Te sentence for arson is steep – often arsonists are unaware of this. Detection involves traditional policing methods including community liaison. This crime recording year has seen a decrease in arson offences of 17% – there is much to do yet but results thus far are encouraging.

Rob
    Participant

There seems to be lots of plants and hanging baskets being nicked – what is going on?

Rob
    Participant

With the application submitted to demolish Wrexham Police Station, is there any indication as to where the new town centre ‘station’ will be based? And what are the reasons for its demolition?

Rob
    Participant

Is the police drug dog ‘Molly’ still in force?

Rob
    Participant

I got one, when is the pot hole on the b & q roundabout on the middle lane for mold going to be fixed because there is no way to avoid it now with going to the other lanes !!

Paul on Facebook asked a similar question to:

When are this useless council going to repair numerous potholes or should they now be called trenches on many of our road. These trenches are a safety issue that need urgent attention.

Rob
    Participant

Two questions: 1. What is a ‘communications safety officer’?

2. What is their favourite ice cream?

Rob
    Participant

Carl on Facebook asked ” I got a question wats the point of all speed humps in cia park they do damage to cars more than anythin”

DR
    Participant

@wrexview 13521 wrote:

Walking through town just after five pm yesterday there were several homeless / drunks settling into the entrance to the old Milliners pub on High Street. How are the police dealing with this growing problem in the town?

This is a social issue and not necessarily solely for the police to solve. I am aware that the number of homeless in Wrexham has grown recently following the withdrawl of services in Cheshire. I am working with Wrexham County Borough Council and colleagues from a range of third sector organisations to ensure that crime and disorder does not result, and that the individuals are signposted to services they require. I am meeting with MP Ian Lucas next week to raise this issue as he has received similar concerns from his electorate.

DR
    Participant

@beedar 13526 wrote:

Is there any way the police can do something about the ludicrous situation regarding illegal parking outside schools in Wrexham during peak times, because someone is going to be seriously injured or even killed

Parking is dealt with by the local Council unless vehicles are parked dangerously or causing an obvious obstruction. We encourage Head Teachers to engage with their local police community support officers where the problem exists. I am happy for my staff to work as partners with Council officers to alleviate such problems.

DR
    Participant

@Rondetto 13529 wrote:

I see junkies every day in the park in Rhosddu, even seen police cars passing and taking little notice. Are they doing anything to stamp out the drug problem in the town?

MP Ian Lucas has raised this as a concern as well. Possession of drugs is an offence for which my officers arrest and will continue to do so. In this particular area we are working closely with service providers (drugs rehab centres) and others to reduce the issue. Work in progress.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham

News

North Wales MS backs campaign for law to create a smoke free Wales

News

Here is a chance to land your dream job as a rhino keeper at Chester Zoo

News

North Wales university using VR to give students valuable insight into coercive control

News