How to use ASDA Roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum How to use ASDA Roundabout

• Author

Iceman
    Participant

I can’t believe i am reading this, no wonder there are so many accidents. You should not be in the left hand lane if you are turning right. As you approach a roundabout, you are at 6 o’clock. Anything past twelve o’clock and you need to be in the right hand lane. From Chester Road for Tesco direction or Police Station= right hand lane. You need to read the highway code.

Rondetto
    Participant

From Chester road turning towards Tesco it would most definitely be the left hand lane, but from the Chester street past the Llwyn Isaf car park towards Tesco is would be the right hand lane.

Iceman
    Participant

@Rondetto 9590 wrote:

From Chester road turning towards Tesco it would most definitely be the left hand lane, but from the Chester street past the Llwyn Isaf car park towards Tesco is would be the right hand lane.

Nonsense, as i said, read the highway code. If you are turning right on a roundabout you MUST use thh right hand lane.

Rondetto
    Participant

I think someone is getting Chester road and Chester street confused here.

Iceman
    Participant

@Rondetto 9593 wrote:

I think someone is getting Chester road and Chester street confused here.

If you are turning right on a roundabout, you HAVE to use the right hand lane. It matters not what the road is called or what direction you approach from.

lazyjack
    Participant

@Iceman 9596 wrote:

If you are turning right on a roundabout, you HAVE to use the right hand lane. It matters not what the road is called or what direction you approach from.

If I am reading this thread correctly, coming from Grosvenor Road, then over the first roundabout (Chester Road) to the ASDA roundabout, then heading towards Tesco is not actually turning right, it’s straight on. ASDA is left, police station is right. Just because it’s past 12 o’clock doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a right turn. Ask any driving instructor (or test examiner), if you were on your test and asked to continue straight ahead, which exit would you take ?

@Iceman 9592 wrote:

Nonsense, as i said, read the highway code. If you are turning right on a roundabout you MUST use the right hand lane.

I don’t think Wrexham roads follow the highway code rules ! Take the Mold Road roundabout as an example. If you are on the A483 heading north and get off at Mold Road then you are now supposed to use the left hand lane to turn right into town.

lazyjack
    Participant

@zinger 9563 wrote:

So Rondetto. You are approaching Asda from the Chester Road & you get to the roundabout. Which lane are you in when you want to go to Tesco?

Left hand lane would make most sense as it would remove the need to change lanes after exiting the roundabout.

Rondetto
    Participant

Of course Lazyjack. No question at all.

jimbow
    Participant

I think the answer to this is use Asda to shop at instead of Tesco. Problem solved

zinger
    Participant

The signage shows that the left hand & right lanes should be used. However, they put a supermarket entrance/exit into the mix which confuses everyone. Visually, the school is left, Asda appears straight on, Bodhyfryd & the police station right. It can be dangerous for people who don’t know how it works, exiting Asda. It just goes to show that they shouldn’t give schools, supermarkets & police stations equal status with proper roads on roundabouts. There was nothing wrong with the Mold Road island before they decided to do the same thing there. I feel that it would make sense for people to indicate to show their intentions but many people don’t appear to know how to indicate.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News