How to use ASDA Roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum How to use ASDA Roundabout

• Author

Iceman
    Participant

@johnhoppy 10105 wrote:

Arrows may or may not work depending on the density of the traffic. I can assure you that I am not one to drive close to the vehicle in front of me, but in high density traffic arrows do not work

They could if they were on signposts?

Born Acorn
    Participant

They did put up signs on the B&Q roundabout with the A483 showing both lanes can be used for town centre, but people ignore those and just get angry with those who follow them.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@Iceman 10112 wrote:

They could if they were on signposts?

Arrows certainly do work when they are on signposts, or even better on gantry signs above the carriageway although I imagine that that would be expensive.

With regard to the B&Q roundabout I suspect that local drivers have become accustomed to tackling it in a particular way and are now loathe to change their ways to conform with the signs. I don’t think the system was broken before, so why change it?

Rondetto
    Participant

Only one thing bothers me on the B&Q roundabout. Heading from town to go to Sainsbury’s I always get in the right hand lane then signal to go into the left hand lane to go to Sainsbury’s. Quite often cars get in the middle lane as if heading for Mold then squeeze in to the lane to head for Sainsbury’s.

Mike Davies
    Participant

@johnhoppy 10105 wrote:

Arrows may or may not work depending on the density of the traffic. I can assure you that I am not one to drive close to the vehicle in front of me, but in high density traffic arrows do not work

Totally agree. Arrows painted on the road are frequently not visible due to cars blocking the view of the road surface.

Rob
    Participant

@Rondetto 10129 wrote:

Only one thing bothers me on the B&Q roundabout. Heading from town to go to Sainsbury’s I always get in the right hand lane then signal to go into the left hand lane to go to Sainsbury’s. Quite often cars get in the middle lane as if heading for Mold then squeeze in to the lane to head for Sainsbury’s.

The road markings and signs in the lead up to this junction do not match up either!!

Rondetto
    Participant

True, I’ve noticed when driving down south they clearly mark about 100 yards before a junction GET IN LANE NOW. Around here they seem to just swerve into a lane at last minute.

AMA Express
    Participant

You’ve still got the horse ‘n cart mentality up here. ;)

zinger
    Participant

My main gripe at B & Q is that you can’t see that your exit is clear when turning right for Sainsburys from town before entering box junction. It doesn’t bother me unduly but it was painted there just after a friend was fined for part of his overhang being in a box in London for something like 8 seconds, because the vehicle in front bottled turning right at the last minute. They send a photo as proof.

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

@zinger 10308 wrote:

just after a friend was fined for part of his overhang being in a box in London for something like 8 seconds, because the vehicle in front bottled turning right at the last minute. They send a photo as proof.

The famous “Moneybox” Up the moneybox junction: why we should avoid the dreaded yellow boxes at all cost – London – News – London Evening Standard

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News