3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

1gavinr
    Participant

I’ve been onto 3 today after having a couple of weeks of debating with them on twitter that their network also has a problem in the area.

They admitted on the phone that there is a problem in this area and because Wrexham is deemed as a “low priority” area, there is no priority to fix this problem any time in the near future.

I told them that I am paying for a contract they they aren’t fulfilling and what do they think I should do because I am unhappy at their service and I was told, without hesitation, that I have 1 option – To leave / cancel my contract!

Great customer service!!!!!

Only question is though – What is the best network for the area now seeing as they ALL have problems connecting?

Gavin

seaneb
    Participant

On Friday I was contacted by telephone by Orange. They asked me to go around Wrexham and where I have no 3G data coverage, send a text to myself. They said that doing this will provide a date, time and location stamp for them to work from.
    I must admit that there has been a very slight improvement since my original complaint, because now, every once in a while, in spite of not being able to use the internet over 3G, I was able to iMessage myself.
    However THIS WAS ALL I WAS ABLE TO DO ANYWHERE IN WREXHAM.
    I covered Regent Street, Island Green, High Street, Eagles Meadow, Border Retail Park, Grosvenor Road roundabout, Rivulet road (Hightown Road end) and Eagles Meadow.
    3G data was completely non-existent.

Are there any lawyers on this forum?

If so, how do I stand when considering action against Orange/EE for breach of contract and reimbursement of payments that I have made up to now for a service that I am paying for but am not being provided with?

NJones
    Participant

@seaneb 13511 wrote:

On Friday I was contacted by telephone by Orange. They asked me to go around Wrexham and where I have no 3G data coverage, send a text to myself. They said that doing this will provide a date, time and location stamp for them to work from.
    I must admit that there has been a very slight improvement since my original complaint, because now, every once in a while, in spite of not being able to use the internet over 3G, I was able to iMessage myself.
    However THIS WAS ALL I WAS ABLE TO DO ANYWHERE IN WREXHAM.
    I covered Regent Street, Island Green, High Street, Eagles Meadow, Border Retail Park, Grosvenor Road roundabout, Rivulet road (Hightown Road end) and Eagles Meadow.
    3G data was completely non-existent.

Are there any lawyers on this forum?

If so, how do I stand when considering action against Orange/EE for breach of contract and reimbursement of payments that I have made up to now for a service that I am paying for but am not being provided with?

Surely a company as big as Orange has the technology or staff to get this information themselves? Why are they asking customers to walk around a town and report issues to them?

rockyrobins
    Participant

@1gavinr 13510 wrote:

Great customer service!!!!!

Only question is though – What is the best network for the area now seeing as they ALL have problems connecting?

Gavin

The problem is all 4 networks have what i would call pretty poor 3g coverage in the Wrexham area, the only network who is actively planning upgrades to local area is Vodafone but unsure what the timescale is for completion and how much improvement will be seen afterwards but looking at the planning applications they will be the most likely to bring 4g to the town first.

1gavinr
    Participant

**UPDATE**

I was contacted again by the 3 Technical Department today to follow up on my conversation yesterday and today they said that the problem they have with their mast for the area will be rectified within 30 days. The signal will be better once that happens.

They offered compensation to me because I told them that this has been ongoing since the beginning of April and could last another 30 days. They offered me 1/2 price Line Rental for 1 month (£7.50) to which I refused.

I managed to get them to agree to refund me 2 months Line Rental totalling £30 after a long deliberation with them. It wasn’t easy because their call centre seems like its based abroad (possibly India).

They said that they will call back once the work has been completed to the mast and the signal for the area improves. I will wait to see if it does improve, if it doesn’t then I will look at the alternatives.

Ring your mobile provider and tell them how unhappy you are that you are paying for a service that they aren’t fulfilling and stand your ground till they refund you something significant. I know of a friend who is with EE here and she has had 2 months refunded back to her with the ongoing issue.

Good luck in getting your money back – don’t take their 1st offer, state to them what you want from them!

Gavin

harry
    Participant

Spoke to EE executive office several times they know there is a fault but have no date when it will be fixed:mad::mad: Its been like this for 5 months!!

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@harry 13522 wrote:

Spoke to EE executive office several times they know there is a fault but have no date when it will be fixed:mad::mad: Its been like this for 5 months!!

It;s a joke isn’t it..
    They’d soon come after anyone that hadn’t paid a bill and owed them money..

johnhoppy
    Participant

Isn’t this the sort of thing that BBC Watchdog could get their teeth into? No one likes bad publicity.

rockyrobins
    Participant

@harry 13522 wrote:

If the mast has been decommissioned it will never be fixed, EE are currently switching off thousands of masts since the merger of Orange and T- mobile, there are both in the town centre so looks like they have switched 1 off and everyone is piling on to the one left in service hence the really slow data.The signal is fine it is the bandwidth that is the problem which EE need to sort.

seaneb
    Participant

I can only see three ways forward with this.

1. The council get involved and bring the phone companies to account on our behalf.

2. We form a collective, and along with the charitable help from local solicitors, take them to court.

3. Get the TV involved (as already mentioned).

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News