3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

seaneb
    Participant

I’ve had enough of it all now. This last month 3G coverage is intermittent at best in my place of work (Llay industrial estate). There didn’t used to be a problem there.
    My 2 iphone contracts both end in January. As things are I will be moving to 3 because they have 3G coverage at work.
    Bye bye EE, and good riddance.

Philip Osborne
    Participant

@seaneb 15257 wrote:

I’ve had enough of it all now. This last month 3G coverage is intermittent at best in my place of work (Llay industrial estate). There didn’t used to be a problem there.
    My 2 iphone contracts both end in January. As things are I will be moving to 3 because they have 3G coverage at work.
    Bye bye EE, and good riddance.

I find Three’s coverage generally is very good, much better than when I was with either Orange or O2, but I still experience the same town centre problem of being unable to access the network despite full signal.

I’ve started a petition! Perhaps you could help spread the word and get people signing?

https://www.change.org/p/olaf-swantee-immediately-repair-or-replace-the-faulty-mobile-phone-mast-in-wrexham-town-centre

harry
    Participant

@Philip Osborne 15380 wrote:

I find Three’s coverage generally is very good, much better than when I was with either Orange or O2, but I still experience the same town centre problem of being unable to access the network despite full signal.

I’ve started a petition! Perhaps you could help spread the word and get people signing?

https://www.change.org/p/olaf-swantee-immediately-repair-or-replace-the-faulty-mobile-phone-mast-in-wrexham-town-centre

signed

Philip Osborne
    Participant

After 6 hours we have reached over 30 signatures on the petition, that’s a rate of 5 signatures an hour and growing so we could soon hit the first 100-signature milestone.

Please keep in mind that this petition is about the specific problem in the town centre where you have full signal but cannot access the network. This petition is to complain that they are not delivering the service they claim to deliver in a specific area where they claim to deliver it.

I realise there are also lots of general problems with coverage around Wrexham, but each specific problem would need a petition of its own if we want the networks to act on them.

Every network publishes a map of their coverage and if you are receiving poor coverage in an area that is shown to have poor coverage on the map, then the network isn’t really in breach of contract because they don’t claim to deliver any service in that area. That’s not to say that pressure shouldn’t be put on the providers to extend their networks into those areas that are not currently well covered, just to say that it would need to be dealt with as a separate issue to this one where they are failing to deliver in an area that is advertised to have full coverage.

Philip Osborne
    Participant

I’ve received an official response from O2. Some of the assurances sound similar to the assurances EE gave in the past, so it will be interesting to see how much of an effect they have in practice. There’s also still no clear indication which networks share the same mast and so this upgrade may not affect customers experiencing the same issues on other networks. I’m still yet to get a response from the other networks.

Here’s what O2 had to say:

Hi Phil

Thanks for getting in touch with the O2 Social Media team highlighting to us the problems mobile users are having in Wrexham town centre.

I know you’re a customer with Three but you’ve mentioned O2 customers in your email to the Social Media team.

Our Chief Executive Officer, Ronan Dunne, has also passed the signatures he has received from the petition and has asked me to reply on his behalf to let you know what’s happening for our customers.

The O2 mast located in Wrexham town centre does experience a high demand for service at times which may result in some customers having difficulty using their mobile device. I can let you know that this mast will undergo planned works for an upgrade next Wednesday, 1st October.

The work should only take a few hours to complete – during that time customers may experience intermittent service. Subject to the successful implementation and testing of the equipment, customers will see an improvement in service.

We are also investigating additional options to further enhance the service for a greater customer experience in the area.

Over the next three years we are investing £1.5 billion in our network including the on-going modernisation of our 2G and 3G networks as well as continuing the roll-out of our 4G network, until we achieve our target of 98% UK population coverage. The Wrexham area is part of this investment programme.

Our website gives live updates on our network service – customers can see the current status by postcode here – O2 Service Status. If they are having problems they can always get in touch by calling our customer service team or contact us using webchat on our website https://link.liveperson.net/click?key=82F89D09F8E216D6

I hope this reassures you that we are working to make things better for our customers when using O2. Please feel free to post this on your petition on the change.org website as we are unable to reply personally to those people who have signed the petition.

Kind regards

Christine

Christine Bradbourne | Telefónica UK Limited
    Executive Relations Manager

harry
    Participant

@Philip Osborne 15412 wrote:

I’ve received an official response from O2. Some of the assurances sound similar to the assurances EE gave in the past, so it will be interesting to see how much of an effect they have in practice. There’s also still no clear indication which networks share the same mast and so this upgrade may not affect customers experiencing the same issues on other networks. I’m still yet to get a response from the other networks.

Here’s what O2 had to say:

well lets hope this isn’t lip service from O2!

Philip Osborne
    Participant

We’ve surpassed 100 signatures now! Still no reply from anyone other than O2 so far though!

Steve
    Participant

Love the response from 3 in the news story.

“a representative from Three has commented on the petition stating they will ‘review each case on an individual basis’.”

Also Known As “We will fob each customer off individually”

Philip Osborne
    Participant

@Steve 15487 wrote:

Love the response from 3 in the news story.

“a representative from Three has commented on the petition stating they will ‘review each case on an individual basis’.”

Also Known As “We will fob each customer off individually”

I know! I’ve replied to their response, and sent an email directly to them, making it clear that they should give an open public response because everyone deserves to know what they have to say. I’ve also told them that any emails I receive from them will be published on the forum and on the petition for everyone to read, so hopefully that will put them off trying to fob me off with any rubbish excuses.

harry
    Participant

EE continually lie, they have to lied to everyone who has complained even Ian Lucas. They say anything to get us off the phone, they ignore tweets, emails and letters.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News